U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:27 PM

5,798 posts, read 11,949,535 times

Advertisements

Well there you go folks. It was just reported that the massive oil spill in the gulf will probably be the worst spill ever. Nothing is ever full proof safe. The oil will wash up on all the gulf beaches and travel thru the Florida keys and get in the gulf stream and possibly arrive on our shores for Memorial Day. These idiots that want to drill off of the east coast as far north as Delaware will ruin our shoreline. If we can possibly get oil from the gulf of mexico I will guarentee that rigs off of delaware and virginia will ruin our coasts at some point. I thought the "drill baby drill" crowd lost the election. What a shame.
Rate this post positively

Old 05-01-2010, 07:39 PM

478 posts, read 1,670,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Well there you go folks. It was just reported that the massive oil spill in the gulf will probably be the worst spill ever. Nothing is ever full proof safe. The oil will wash up on all the gulf beaches and travel thru the Florida keys and get in the gulf stream and possibly arrive on our shores for Memorial Day. These idiots that want to drill off of the east coast as far north as Delaware will ruin our shoreline. If we can possibly get oil from the gulf of mexico I will guarentee that rigs off of delaware and virginia will ruin our coasts at some point. I thought the "drill baby drill" crowd lost the election. What a shame.
The drill baby drill crowd did lose the election..was a republican idea. Read back last year not what Obama just said this year to make the repukes happy!

Easy to stop a law that's not even a law yet!

Old 05-01-2010, 08:45 PM

41,320 posts, read 28,159,016 times
I'm extremely sorry this spill happened and so many people who have just recently gotten back on their feet have to go through such a crippling disaster yet again...but if it had to happen, I'm glad it happened practically on the heels of the announcement that further offshore drilling was to be pursued. I'm hoping it won't have a chance in he** of passing now.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:32 PM

5,969 posts, read 8,850,680 times
Hopefully the oil gets stuck in Florida and does not flow upward to our beautiful NJ beaches.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:35 PM

16,833 posts, read 16,571,063 times
This will be the worst environmental disaster of all time. I am glad I got to the see the Gulf Coast before it is destroyed. Just got back last weekend. It was beautiful

Old 05-02-2010, 07:12 PM

31,170 posts, read 32,106,934 times
Bad new all around. The cleanup costs (not to mention the marine and wildlife losses) will be stunning.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:28 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,209,658 times
Jersey shores are ruined.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:34 PM

16,833 posts, read 16,571,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
*sigh*
Get a blog. The anti Florida thing is getting old.
I do not know why it is an "anti Florida thing". If it had happened here I would hope for the greater good that it would not spread.

If the oil gets into the Gulf stream it will be the nail in the coffin of the barely recovering fisheries of the NE. Georges bank will be decimated and it is nearly unfathomable the effect that will have on the whole North Atlantic ecosystem.

So I too hope it stays in Florida or at least the GoM.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:54 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,715,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I do not know why it is an "anti Florida thing". If it had happened here I would hope for the greater good that it would not spread.

Its anti-florida because the individual who posted it frequently takes great pleasure in bashing Forida......it would have been more humanitarian to hope that the oil slick was blown out to sea where it might disperse rather than wish ill on Florida only increasing the scope of the disaster on people, animals and the land. Who purposely wishes ill when disaster strikes ?

Old 05-02-2010, 07:57 PM

5,969 posts, read 8,850,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post

If the oil gets into the Gulf stream it will be the nail in the coffin of the barely recovering fisheries of the NE. Georges bank will be decimated and it is nearly unfathomable the effect that will have on the whole North Atlantic ecosystem.

So I too hope it stays in Florida or at least the GoM.
Great post, that was my point exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey