Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2007, 11:36 AM

11 posts, read 116,588 times

Advertisements

I will be working in NYC and want to live closer to one of the path stations. (Exchange PL, Grove Street and Pavonia).
Please share your experiences of the rental apartment buildings in this area. Positives and negatives both are welcome.

Building Name:
How far is it from Path: City blocks
How safe is the area: 1-10
Monthly Rent: $
Amenities included in the rent: Gym/Heat/AC/Swimming Pool/Internet/Cable TV
Parking per month: $
Does the apartment have a Washer and Dryer?:
Rating: 1-10
Comments:

No need to follow the template if you don’t want to put the efforts. Write and recommend what you feel like.

Our budget is 2500 including amenities and we are looking for 800 sq ft one bedroom. We care for the following amenities and features.

Washer/Dryer in unit
Head included in rent
Gym
Safety
Cheap Parking

Once again any recommendations are welcome. Any links and references are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 09:12 AM

276 posts, read 747,536 times
call newport and find out. they offer the amenities, at cost for the gym and for parking. go and have a look at the apt. i wouldnt live there cause its too small, but thats me.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:55 AM
bay

425 posts, read 2,926,009 times
they are all under same management. Therefore, go to the rental office and you will find out the answer.
there is no cheap parking there unless you want to compete with others for street parking. The garage parking is $175 when I moved out from newport in 2005.
The gym is around 800 something per year. Since you will work in NYC, probably your company will offer you special rate for NYSC. My company does that and I only need to pay $30 per month. There is NYSC in exchange place.
The building I used to live has laundry room on the ground floor and I believe most of high rising buildings there are the same. You need to have lots of coins if you wash frequently. ^_^
Heat and A/C is elec. and that will cost you a lot during winter.
However, it's very convenient because I can walk to my office in 5 minutes and my husband can be in downtown NYC in 5 minutes via PATH as well.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:44 AM

11 posts, read 116,588 times
I need more building reviews. Share your experiences, or your friends experiences.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 16,449 times
we live in Avalon cove it has been a horrible experience for us the community is great buy management is horrible,i would suggest my 5 years in newport tall building has been awsome but avalon cove is horrible

Old 06-26-2009, 09:37 PM

13 posts, read 48,992 times
I used to live in JC downtwon couple of years ago - there are a few good high rise apartments here but if you want to stay close to the waterfront, I would definitely recommend Gotham (no not Batman's city ) on the intersection of Warren and Montgomery as back when I lived I felt it was clean and secure. My rent was $2400 for a 2 bed 2 bath + utilities + $190 (garage). I would rate the Montgomery towers, right next to the Gotham next. Would stay away from Metropolitan towers as its roach infested. Further away there is Dixon Mills which is slightly cheaper than the ones I mentioned above and are good too.

I havent mentioned other apartments like Portside Towers as I feel they are ridiculously priced (~$3500 per month for a 2 bed) but if you are someone who loves views you might want to consider this along with Pier, Marbella, Liberty towers.

I dont really know if the situation has changed from back when I was there so dont come back yelling at me

good luck finding an apartment of your choice.

duh - didnt see the OP was that old.

Last edited by JerzeyDweller; 06-26-2009 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey