Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:43 AM

31 posts, read 53,687 times

Advertisements

It looks pretty nice, I would love to go see a game there someday and it looks like they have some really good places to eat around it. http://video.msg.com/Home/Redbulls-C...ith-Mendes-5-8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 12:17 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
Yeah I've been. It's a ton of fun! Beautiful arena. Less crowded and shorter food/beer lines than MLB or NFL games, and for $35 you get PRIME seats (and there are many seats far cheaper). I find it's fun to sit near the supporters club at the south end of the arena. The supporters are approx 200 fans waving flags and jumping/chanting the whole game. Lots of energy. I've never really been into soccer, but I found the experience a lot of fun and I'll certainly go back again. I recommend traveling by PATH if it's convenient for you.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Lam-

The OP mentions "really good places to eat" around the stadium. Last time I checked, the stadium was in the middle of what's basically an industrial wasteland- has there been a build-up of businesses around the stadium??

Old 05-10-2010, 12:48 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Lam-

The OP mentions "really good places to eat" around the stadium. Last time I checked, the stadium was in the middle of what's basically an industrial wasteland- has there been a build-up of businesses around the stadium??
Not yet.

The food inside the stadium is decent. Typical hotdog stands, but also brazilian sausage sandwiches, etc.

If the Ironbound counts as being "around the stadium" (it's what, a mile away), then I'd agree. But in the immediate vicinity of the stadium there isn't much yet.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Not yet.

The food inside the stadium is decent. Typical hotdog stands, but also brazilian sausage sandwiches, etc.

If the Ironbound counts as being "around the stadium" (it's what, a mile away), then I'd agree. But in the immediate vicinity of the stadium there isn't much yet.
That's what I thought. I know Advance Realty had big plans for a bunch of mixed-use development adjacent to the stadium, but that took a dump with the economy, and isn't likely to come back anytime really soon.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
That's what I thought. I know Advance Realty had big plans for a bunch of mixed-use development adjacent to the stadium, but that took a dump with the economy, and isn't likely to come back anytime really soon.
And yet there booking In't Games and events , here comes the dirty Jersey jokes

Old 05-10-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
And yet there booking In't Games and events , here comes the dirty Jersey jokes
Relax, Junior.....I was just saying that the stadium is in the middle of an undeveloped industrial site (which it is, in case you hadn't noticed), and not surrounded by a bevy of wonderful dining venues as the OP seems to suggest- I'm not trashing NJ. Get over it.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:56 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
Quote:
I know Advance Realty had big plans for a bunch of mixed-use development adjacent to the stadium, but that took a dump with the economy, and isn't likely to come back anytime really soon.
I believe they are going to start vertical construction some time this year. They completed all of the infrastructure work already (streets, sewer system, ect).

Last edited by openheads; 05-10-2010 at 04:05 PM..

Old 05-10-2010, 04:18 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Agreed. I suppose like all the planned stuff around the Rock got canned/put on hold.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:40 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Relax, Junior.....I was just saying that the stadium is in the middle of an undeveloped industrial site (which it is, in case you hadn't noticed), and not surrounded by a bevy of wonderful dining venues as the OP seems to suggest- I'm not trashing NJ. Get over it.
I didn't say you were trashing NJ ....sheesh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey