Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

New Jersey: court appointed attorney,

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:27 PM

13,400 posts, read 28,719,321 times

Advertisements

N.J. Poised To Become First State To Repeal Death Penalty - News Story - WNBC | New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 01:11 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,716,129 times
Great, so let's pay more to keep the trash alive for decades while the families of the victims get no satisfaction, and the taxpayers keep shelling out more money so these animals live comfortably with meals and a place to sleep.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:26 PM

438 posts, read 964,997 times
finally, sanity prevails in this state.
get your bloodlust for executions elsewhere folks.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:33 PM

857 posts, read 2,002,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Great, so let's pay more to keep the trash alive for decades while the families of the victims get no satisfaction, and the taxpayers keep shelling out more money so these animals live comfortably with meals and a place to sleep.
yes. yes. The only way to stop the killings... MORE KILLINGS!!!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:45 PM

13,400 posts, read 28,719,321 times
Heated topic for sure....BUT...some crimes warrant it
Look at little Jessica in FL..that animal stuffed her in a plastic bag, gave her a toy and buried her while still ALIVE..she was what 10 or 12 years old!!
we should feel compassion for him?!?! Not me

Old 11-09-2007, 01:55 PM

604 posts, read 2,913,765 times
That is a good idea because NJ has not executed anybody in years and there are many on death row wasting the taxpayers money on appeals by court appointed attorneys.

If you send them to prison for life without any chance of parole we don't have to waste any more money on court appointed attorneys, I am sure that cost us more than the food and lodging we pay for.

Now if you gonna sentence somebody to death and in a day or two they are in the grave, that is a different story.

I am not against the death penalty, I am against the death penalty that does not get carried out.

E

Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,716,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
That is a good idea because NJ has not executed anybody in years and there are many on death row wasting the taxpayers money on appeals by court appointed attorneys.

If you send them to prison for life without any chance of parole we don't have to waste any more money on court appointed attorneys, I am sure that cost us more than the food and lodging we pay for.

Now if you gonna sentence somebody to death and in a day or two they are in the grave, that is a different story.

I am not against the death penalty, I am against the death penalty that does not get carried out.

E

Exactly. I was watching this special on MSNBC a while back about some of these guys on death row for years, and they are still wasting everyone's time by appealing.

If the person is tried, convicted, and sentenced to death, there should be a 1 year max wait to give them the snooze juice, otherwise, it's another waste of money.

I understand where there are special cases waiting for DNA evidence, but individuals such as gang members, child molesters, and rapists need to get an EZ Pass to the front of the line. We have no need to keep this trash alive for a minute longer than need be.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:30 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,622,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Exactly. I was watching this special on MSNBC a while back about some of these guys on death row for years, and they are still wasting everyone's time by appealing.

If the person is tried, convicted, and sentenced to death, there should be a 1 year max wait to give them the snooze juice, otherwise, it's another waste of money.

I understand where there are special cases waiting for DNA evidence, but individuals such as gang members, child molesters, and rapists need to get an EZ Pass to the front of the line. We have no need to keep this trash alive for a minute longer than need be.
I'll give them $cumbags my EZ pass to get to the front of the line and i'll volunteer to pull the switch or give them the poison juice. Or if they want my gas from the exhaust pipe, I'll give them that also.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:41 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,624,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I'll give them $cumbags my EZ pass to get to the front of the line and i'll volunteer to pull the switch or give them the poison juice. Or if they want my gas from the exhaust pipe, I'll give them that also.
I've been on record for years now. I"ll Do It For Free"! By the way I wonder if it is repealed will we get a death penalty rebate. I can use some help with my taxes

Old 11-09-2007, 03:52 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,704,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
I've been on record for years now. I"ll Do It For Free"! By the way I wonder if it is repealed will we get a death penalty rebate. I can use some help with my taxes
Naw..the death penalty rebate funds are already earmarked for the stem cell research facility that we voted on Tuesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey