U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 04:21 PM

741 posts, read 3,369,818 times

Advertisements

For all those who have been following my house selling saga, I have re-sold the house,but, there is alway's a but, I hate that.They have to sell their house. It's a little more then what I sold it for to the Bailer's, I mean buyer's, who walked out on me 10 day's before closing. So, PLEASE, wish me well.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 04:28 PM

6,852 posts, read 17,628,942 times
Patty, congratulation's on nearly selling your hou'se. That i's great new's

Old 06-14-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Patty, congratulation's on nearly selling your hou'se. That i's great new's

Old 06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,202,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
For all those who have been following my house selling saga, I have re-sold the house,but, there is alway's a but, I hate that.They have to sell their house. It's a little more then what I sold it for to the Bailer's, I mean buyer's, who walked out on me 10 day's before closing. So, PLEASE, wish me well.
This is good sign, believe me, since your house sound NOT affordable by "first time buyer", so a "seller buyer" aleady like your house is fantastic!

Now, do NOT sit there and just pray. Go find out where is your buyer's condo or townhouse community is, and go help your buyer to sell his or her condo or townhouse since there are many "first time buyers" out there renting at nearby apartment for years, but they normally has 60 days to decide to continue renting or buying.

So, with your help, you may be able to introduce many of these "first time buyers" to buy your buyer's unit, and therefore, your house will be close on time...

There is a very famous 4-word proverb in Chinese which resulted from a story over several thousands years ago. (most Chinese proverbs has story behind). It says "Lips die teeth will feel cold".

So, if you just sit there and doing nothing, if your buyer (lips) did not sell his or her unit, you can not sell yours (teeth).

Old 06-15-2007, 03:57 AM

There agent is coming over this morning. We want to know exactly where their house is, how much are they selling it for, If we accept it then we still show the house, if another offer comes in then there is a 72 hour kick out clause. I'm going to PM you the MLS # also.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:35 AM

709 posts, read 814,243 times
Quote:
You really have not sold the house. First they will want a contingency and quite frankly in this market I would not do it. Keep showing the house, lower the price do whatever you need to sell. How much did you buy the place for originally? Do not go on what your neighbors got last year prices are down. Do not be greedy! Holding 2 mortgages is no fun.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
You really have not sold the house. First they will want a contingency and quite frankly in this market I would not do it. Keep showing the house, lower the price do whatever you need to sell. How much did you buy the place for originally? Do not go on what your neighbors got last year prices are down. Do not be greedy! Holding 2 mortgages is no fun.
I know. I'm stressed, believe me. We lowered the house drastically. Under value. I bought the house at a great price 7yrs. ago. Our new price is greed free, believe me. Out of the same house's in the neighborhood I'm $40k and 20k less.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:31 AM

12,284 posts, read 33,594,377 times
Quote:
I know. I'm stressed, believe me. We lowered the house drastically. Under value. I bought the house at a great price 7yrs. ago. Our new price is greed free, believe me. Out of the same house's in the neighborhood I'm $40k and 20k less.
until you sell your house isn't undervalued. your house will sell for what it's worth. just because your are less than your neighbors WHO ARE STILL FOR SALE (?) you are not undervalued.

as my neighbor said when her house was on the market - "my house is worth $0 until I sell".

good luck

Old 06-17-2007, 09:50 PM

116 posts, read 506,499 times
Tahiti, you're absolutely right.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Update

The woman who contracted my house still did not get any offers on hers. So, we have still been showing the house, we had dropped our price below everyother house for sale. I had 4 showings in all this time, since accepting the contingent offer. I recieved an offer from all 4, OMG, took long enough, only 19 months, They all kept bidding and I accepted for 10k over the asking, which actually brings me to the appraisal we got from the first buyers who backed out.

I can't believe that worked. But I'm happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: