Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:25 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
You know what, enough with your rude comments. I've watched you over the years, and you usually resort to insulting comments when you have nothing better to write.

As the Obamanoids say, give him more time, as he's only getting started. Dealing with the education fiasco is a good first step. 11 billion dollar deficit is not a joke.
metal...you hit the nail on the head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 01:25 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
You know what, enough with your rude comments. I've watched you over the years, and you usually resort to insulting comments when you have nothing better to write.
You've watched me over the years? What is it with Jersey-haters that you're all a bunch of stalkers who obsess over people and places?

Quote:
As the Obamanoids say, give him more time, as he's only getting started. Dealing with the education fiasco is a good first step. 11 billion dollar deficit is not a joke.

So we should give him more time to say he's NOT "slashing spending" but you don't have to give him more time to say he's "slashing spending"???

Nice double standard right there. Typical neo-con talking out of both sides of his crooked mouth. Also typical of their mental capacity.

By ther way, the 11 million dollar deficit was brought to us by the Republicans - I don't think another Republican will undo what a previous Republican did. I'm sure we're in for more of the same. The fatso is cutting education but he's looking to spend more on other things, like roads.

You may go back to kissing Christie's huge fat ass now.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:02 PM

512 posts, read 1,755,093 times
Libertarian here. Happily living in NJ.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:08 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
You've watched me over the years? What is it with Jersey-haters that you're all a bunch of stalkers who obsess over people and places?

So we should give him more time to say he's NOT "slashing spending" but you don't have to give him more time to say he's "slashing spending"???

Nice double standard right there. Typical neo-con talking out of both sides of his crooked mouth. Also typical of their mental capacity.

By ther way, the 11 million dollar deficit was brought to us by the Republicans - I don't think another Republican will undo what a previous Republican did. I'm sure we're in for more of the same. The fatso is cutting education but he's looking to spend more on other things, like roads.

You may go back to kissing Christie's huge fat ass now.
I find it hard to believe there is anyone simple enough to really believe NJ's issues are caused by the Dems or Reps. Almost every single politician that has gone before has been (pick one or two) corrupt, greedy, stupid, a flat out liar, inept, power hungry, weak or some combo of all of them. Makes no difference which party they represent. Plain silly to try to make this an issue along party lines.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:29 PM

160 posts, read 375,457 times
It's NJ...people vote they way their union bosses intimidate, I mean tell them to.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:43 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
Quote:
bababua,

What do you suggest Christie do to curtail the bloated deficit? Print dollars out of thin air like the Feds do?
Glad you asked. I am for big cuts in spending,continuing the luxury tax, and raising the gas tax.

I say all hand on deck if we want to solve the problem. I am for a salary freeze for all municipal and state employees who have not done so already. I feel the "rich" could deal with another year of the "luxury tax".

What I am against is cuts for cuts sake. I am not for cutting teachers that actually teach in classrooms, instead I am for cutting school employees that are not directly teaching. Take each district on its own merits and really meet the needs of the children and just not come with a big ax when honestly a scalpel is needed.

Some of you might not agree with me but this is what I suggest.

Last edited by bababua; 05-19-2010 at 08:46 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 05:38 AM

160 posts, read 375,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
I am not for cutting teachers that actually teach in classrooms, instead I am for cutting school employees that are not directly teaching.
The average teacher's salary in NJ is $63,111. They only work 180 days a year. That's $350.62 a day or $43.75 an hour (provided they work a FULL 8 hours). Being that the NJ school day is only 6 hours, they make $58.44 an hour! They can afford a freeze AND cuts if necessary.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:24 AM

631 posts, read 720,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk 08755 View Post
The average teacher's salary in NJ is $63,111. They only work 180 days a year. That's $350.62 a day or $43.75 an hour (provided they work a FULL 8 hours). Being that the NJ school day is only 6 hours, they make $58.44 an hour! They can afford a freeze AND cuts if necessary.

1. Most teachers have a masters and a few certifications. For 63,111 a year they a grossly underpaid compared to other professions with the same level of education

2. I'll gladly pay someone 58.44 a hour to give my kids a qualtiy education. Worth every penny to me .

3. I dont however like paying for three superintendent for 2 towns. Low paying teachers are not your enemy. Layers of redundant management are.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:40 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
"that guy who met with truckers at GSP rest stops"

"As long as he continues to slash spending, I wouldn't care if he couldn't wear a seatbelt in a state trooper vehicle"

Reps to MetalJayBird for wit.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:53 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
1. Most teachers have a masters and a few certifications. For 63,111 a year they a grossly underpaid compared to other professions with the same level of education
True, they're paid less than other professions with the same level of education, but they knew that going in. It's not like teachers suddenly got some massive pay cut and became low-paid civil servants- the story was always "yeah, the pay is lower, but the benefits and pension are great, and I get the summers off". When you factor in the low/minimal contributions to benefit program costs, the no/low copays/prescription costs, the pension funding programs, and the time off in the summer, the difference isn't as great as you think.

Most private sector employees have seen 15-20% increases in premiums, increased copays and deductibles, and lower/no employer contributions to retirements, while teachers have seen little to no change in their costs.

As I've said before- you couldn't pay me enough to sit in a classroom with 20 kids all day, but let's not make them out to be martyrs either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey