Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:45 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times

Advertisements

So today i went to Downtown Newark & Jersey City. And took a ton of Photos again & videos. Although once again due to the Heat i had to leave Newark but I still got some great shots. I'm going to split it into sections like last time. Starting off with 2 Videos of my Journey by Train to Newark and Part 1 of Downtown Newark. I took over 370 photos , 350 of them in NJ and of NJ. The Rest are lower Manhattan. I took 14 Videos , but you will only see 6 of them.

Amtrak Regional Roar through Seacacus JCT at 90mph heading to DC Union Station.

YouTube - Amtrak Regional to DC

Northeast Corridor Train WB to Newark Penn Station form Secacuse JCT

YouTube - Northeast Corridor Train WB to Newark form Secacuse JCT

Downtown Newark - it was much busier then when i visited on Saturday.

That's the end of part 1 , I actually wasn't really focused on taking pictures of the Masses of People. I planned to do University Heights , Forest Hills & East Ironbound , but the heat got really bad. So i went to Jersey City & Manhattan which has a cool breeze. Sorry NJKate , i didn't take a picture of your old home , when its cooler i'll go back and finish the rest of Newark & Jersey City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 PM

912 posts, read 2,445,683 times
I think whoever owns that "BEEPERS" store should spring for a new sign.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:11 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Holy cow you were literally blocks away from me

Old 05-22-2010, 12:47 PM

@ TheGambler : I think Booker is going to push for new signs on every store as part of the downtown retail core.

@ twista6002 : I'm stalking members now ,mwhahahaha

Up next : Newark Penn Station & The Jersey City Skyline

Old 05-23-2010, 01:35 PM

Newark Penn Station

Hmmmmm, I wonder if i can go to New Orleans?

Jersey City Skyline

Up Next : Downtown Jersey City

Old 05-23-2010, 04:40 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
I must say,the immediate core of downtown Newark (area adjacent to Newark Penn) is well kept. Or, at least, MUCH better than when I was a kid.

Impressive JC skyline as well, when I was younger there wasn't a single notable high-rise on that waterfront.

PS: didn't notice that TDBank at 1180. Which makes me wonder why they built that standalone on Mulberry...would've been nicer to fill up one of those vacant storefronts the way BofA did.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:16 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,762,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
I must say,the immediate core of downtown Newark (area adjacent to Newark Penn) is well kept. Or, at least, MUCH better than when I was a kid.

Impressive JC skyline as well, when I was younger there wasn't a single notable high-rise on that waterfront.

PS: didn't notice that TDBank at 1180. Which makes me wonder why they built that standalone on Mulberry...would've been nicer to fill up one of those vacant storefronts the way BofA did.
I used to work for Commerce Bank before they were bought out by TD. With the exception of a few older branches, they would build all new construction every time. Whether it is true or not, I am not sure, but I remember when i first started they mentioned that every commerce bank branch had the exact same number of bricks.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:53 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Nice photos Nex

Old 05-24-2010, 03:26 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I used to work for Commerce Bank before they were bought out by TD. With the exception of a few older branches, they would build all new construction every time. Whether it is true or not, I am not sure, but I remember when i first started they mentioned that every commerce bank branch had the exact same number of bricks.
I would imagine, b/c the one in Newark looks EXACTLY like every single former Commerce Bank (TDBank) I've been to. CB was my original love lol.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:52 PM

195 posts, read 395,937 times
Very nice pic. Nex !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey