Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:40 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times

Advertisements

[quote=blackandproud;14339004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

So again, your arguement is A BILL IS TO MAKE SOMETHING ILLEGAL LEGAL? WOW...I believe you need to stop or maybe watch ABC on Saturday mornings.

Look I understand your lashing out, a cherished idea has been destroyed. you simply can't provide any data to contradict the data I provided which shows consolidation is useless with regard to reducing costs.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:41 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
[quote=shorebaby;14339026]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

OK let me ask you, how do you make something that is currently illegal, legal?

By the way how much will consolidation save?! LOL I showed me mine you show me yours. Oh that's right you can't LOL.

Apparently you again depended on talking points, but have YET to read anything sent. You haven't shown anything, where is it WRITTEN that consolidating is illegal. Marajuana is on the books as being illegal, so lets see it or are you going to continue to Deflect?

Old 05-25-2010, 08:43 PM

[quote=bababua;14339032]
Quote:

Mandating something and something actually be able to happen by choice are apples and oranges. Mandating will force it on people. That doesnt meant its illegal right now.

I know that and you know that, but Shore is trying to deflect, spin and tap dance around a statement made that Consolidating of districts is illegal, never mind the fact that Corzine has already done it.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:45 PM

[quote=shorebaby;14339061]
Quote:

Look I understand your lashing out, a cherished idea has been destroyed. you simply can't provide any data to contradict the data I provided which shows consolidation is useless with regard to reducing costs.

No clueless it's not my idea and luckily there are some who are actually trying to implement it. You haven't destroyed anything, the ONLY THING you've done was showed yourself as a one note Christie sound bite sheeple. But continue spinning, you have YET TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENT ON THE ILLEGALITY OF CONSOLIDATING DISTRICTS. Maybe someone should tell Corzine what he signed last year was illegal.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 PM

[quote=blackandproud;14339137]
Quote:

No clueless it's not my idea and luckily there are some who are actually trying to implement it. You haven't destroyed anything, the ONLY THING you've done was showed yourself as a one note Christie sound bite sheeple. But continue spinning, you have YET TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENT ON THE ILLEGALITY OF CONSOLIDATING DISTRICTS. Maybe someone should tell Corzine what he signed last year was illegal.

I give up you simply will not accept that consolidation won't save any money worse yet you can't provide any evidence it will. I think this should be instrucitve to everyone reading this is the only objection to cost cutting the opposition has is this blind rage and hatred simply no facts. It is truely pathetic.

Just for laughs you didn't even read your link did you. The law had to be passed for already consolidated districts, doesn't apply to anything else. Again if the state can't intervene in already consolidated districts without passing a law they clearly can't intervene in established districts without a law. I know this is too nuanced for you but everyone else will get it.

Last edited by shorebaby; 05-25-2010 at 09:01 PM..

Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 PM

[quote=shorebaby;14339212]
Quote:

I give up you simply will not accept that consolidation won't save any money worse yet you can't provide any evidence it will. I think this should be instrucitve to everyone reading this is the only objection to cost cutting the opposition has is this blind rage and hatred simply no facts. It is truely pathetic.

This would be a lesson to everyone not to make statements they can't back up and when they are presented with information, read it and comprehend. No matter how much you try to spin, I provided you with information on Corzine consolidation of schools even through YOU CLAIMED IT WAS ILLEGAL. WRONG

I provided you with information on Burlington County and the amount paid to the school administrators in that county alone and the state of NJ as a whole $533 million. So even though you choose to play the Christie blind man sheeple, others on these boards, i'm pretty sure know how to read.

But you go ahead and continue in your attempt to spin and deflect. You were WRONG, YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANYTHING TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENT THAT IT IS ILLEGAL TO CONSOLIDATE THE SCHOOL DISTRICTS. Even tried to make the correlation between a bill proposal to legalize Marijuana and a bill to centralize school districts on the county level...now that one was desperate. Yeah you need to give up. You can't find a law thats NOT WRITTEN.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:07 PM

[quote=blackandproud;14339312]
Quote:

This would be a lesson to everyone not to make statements they can't back up and when they are presented with information, read it and comprehend. No matter how much you try to spin, I provided you with information on Corzine consolidation of schools even through YOU CLAIMED IT WAS ILLEGAL. WRONG

I provided you with information on Burlington County and the amount paid to the school administrators in that county alone and the state of NJ as a whole $533 million. So even though you choose to play the Christie blind man sheeple, others on these boards, i'm pretty sure know how to read.

But you go ahead and continue in your attempt to spin and deflect. You were WRONG, YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANYTHING TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENT THAT IT IS ILLEGAL TO CONSOLIDATE THE SCHOOL DISTRICTS. Even tried to make the correlation between a bill proposal to legalize Marijuana and a bill to centralize school districts on the county level...now that one was desperate. Yeah you need to give up. You can't find a law thats NOT WRITTEN.

Ha ha you have been proven wrong repeatedly I provided you with a Jersey study you claimed didn't exist.

I provided you with 2 studies that show consolidation doesn't save any money.

I use the law you linked to prove to you that consolidation is not currently legal.

The left is in tatters. Costs will be cut. Consolidation is a non starter. Taxes will not be raised. And NJ is on it's way to a sound financial footing. The union lost. It is a bad night for you.

Last edited by shorebaby; 05-25-2010 at 09:20 PM..

Old 05-25-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:

OK here you go, This outlines how consolidation has to be done. It has to go to the voters of the towns consolidating. Game, set, match. It will be fun to watch the pathetic twisting now.

http://njintouch.state.nj.us/dca/lgs/share/joint/muni_consol_act.pdf (broken link)
[SIZE=3][LEFT]"(1) The question of forming a consolidation commission shall be submitted to the voters of each of the municipalities named in such ordinances or resolutions or petitions in the following form: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]"Shall a joint municipal consolidation study commission be formed to study the feasibility of consolidating (insert the names of each of the municipalities named in such ordinances or resolutions or petitions) into a single new municipality, to study the question of the form of government under which such new municipality should be governed, to study the feasibility of consolidating the local school districts of the aforesaid municipalities, and to make recommendations thereon; or, in the alternative, to make recommendations on the consolidation of certain municipal services?" [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The question shall be submitted to the voters of each municipality so named in the ordinances or resolutions or petitions on the date for the next general election or on the date for the next regular municipal election, whichever shall first occur at least 60 days after the date of the filing with the county clerk of the final ordinance or resolution or petition necessary to require the submission of the question to the voters. [/LEFT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The public question submitted to the voters shall be deemed adopted, and a consolidation commission formed, if a majority of the votes cast on the question in each of the municipalities in which the question is submitted shall be in the affirmative; or" [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Last edited by shorebaby; 05-25-2010 at 09:47 PM..

Old 05-25-2010, 10:20 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,521 times
[quote=shorebaby;14339771]
Quote:

OK here you go, This outlines how consolidation has to be done. It has to go to the voters of the towns consolidating. Game, set, match. It will be fun to watch the pathetic twisting now.

http://njintouch.state.nj.us/dca/lgs/share/joint/muni_consol_act.pdf (broken link)
[SIZE=3][LEFT]"(1) The question of forming a consolidation commission shall be submitted to the voters of each of the municipalities named in such ordinances or resolutions or petitions in the following form: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]"Shall a joint municipal consolidation study commission be formed to study the feasibility of consolidating (insert the names of each of the municipalities named in such ordinances or resolutions or petitions) into a single new municipality, to study the question of the form of government under which such new municipality should be governed, to study the feasibility of consolidating the local school districts of the aforesaid municipalities, and to make recommendations thereon; or, in the alternative, to make recommendations on the consolidation of certain municipal services?" [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The question shall be submitted to the voters of each municipality so named in the ordinances or resolutions or petitions on the date for the next general election or on the date for the next regular municipal election, whichever shall first occur at least 60 days after the date of the filing with the county clerk of the final ordinance or resolution or petition necessary to require the submission of the question to the voters. [/LEFT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The public question submitted to the voters shall be deemed adopted, and a consolidation commission formed, if a majority of the votes cast on the question in each of the municipalities in which the question is submitted shall be in the affirmative; or" [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
I'm confused. I thought that was common sense? If the governor can't dictate teacher salaries, BOE positions, admin salaries, etc., in individual towns/municipalities, etc., how can the governor force consolidation and regulation of anything when it comes to the same? Municipalities can APPEAL their rejected school budgets (rejected by vote) to the state, but that's pretty much it? No?

I'm all for teachers. I think they, for the most part, are great. At the same time, knock it off. Take your pay freeze and put the pressure on those who make teachers look like greedy shoot heads. Why do teachers need a union? Were they ever forced to teach in unhealthy conditions? Did 9 year olds teach in unsafe conditions? Protection from what? Getting fired for screwing up? Real life issues that everyone else with a job has to face?

Teachers would get more sympathy if they were on individual contracts or if public schools were run like a REAL business. These "union" fought for contracts that don't come to "terms" until 3 weeks into September, with kids waiting to "get back to" school don't help.

There's something there, there is SOME reason teachers want to keep the union around and it ain't about the kids.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:

I read what you posted & understood it. Not only that, keep in mind that many districts in South Jersey have superintendants for K-8 because there have been consolidated high school districts since at least the 1960s. Some of the regional high schools are very successful & others are a bad mix, demographically. Imagine that! Over 40 years of consolidated schools. Nobody told the South Jersey districts that it was illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey