Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:25 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,727,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Sorry you continue to look pass the hypocricy of this Governor and the Legislatures. Christie is taking on what is an easy Bullish effort, but he refuses to throw the EXACT same weight behind the ONE thing that Really needs to be done.
The fact that your now passing the buck onto the towns again shows your hypocricy on picking and choosing what one would assume to be the answer, when it will not. You and others lambast the Teachers as a guise of lambasting the Unions concerning what some label as excessive benefits, whining about contributing to their benefits, when this is NOT the case across the 600+ school districts.
if the STATE can go into a district and with one swipe of a pen take of that school district, what is the problem, Why is this NOT discussed?
Look I have already told you it isn't legal. The state could save lots of money if it took over every town budget.

You are trying to deflect.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:32 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,528,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Look I have already told you it isn't legal. The state could save lots of money if it took over every town budget.

You are trying to deflect.

Look, Not deflecting at all. You stated that it isn't legal, so provide the law that states that the State/Legislature CAN NOT CONSOLIDATE services. The STATES can NOT take over the public school system. You make the statemet, now provide the law.

The reason you and other constantly give is "its all the unions fault, teachers receive elaborate benefits, teachers make too much money". Freezing teachers pay this year, what about next year, the year after that?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Look, Not deflecting at all. You stated that it isn't legal, so provide the law that states that the State/Legislature CAN NOT CONSOLIDATE services. The STATES can NOT take over the public school system. You make the statemet, now provide the law.

The reason you and other constantly give is "its all the unions fault, teachers receive elaborate benefits, teachers make too much money". Freezing teachers pay this year, what about next year, the year after that?
You are insisting it is legal go ahead and prove it. While you are at it please show how much we can expect to save.

No one is asking teachers to accept a freeze because they are paid too much.
They are being asked to accept a freeze because we are $11 billion in the hole.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:47 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,083,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
The union are the teachers. Most teachers care about children regardless of what you believe. If you didn't care about the kids you wouldn't even think about being a teacher. .

Do you really believe this? It seems like the teachers biggest concern is their salaries and raises. Just like I know not all police officers care about the citizens and all the doctors genuinely care about their patients.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:22 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,528,106 times
Quote:
You are insisting it is legal go ahead and prove it. While you are at it please show how much we can expect to save.

No one is asking teachers to accept a freeze because they are paid too much.
They are being asked to accept a freeze because we are $11 billion in the hole.

Point to where I stated it was or was not legal. You are the ONLY ONE stating the legality of this subject. Now that You can't back up your statement, your "deflecting". Just say you overstated and leave it at that.

My statement was AGAIN, if the states can take over a public school system, Why can they not take over all of the Public Schools and as you put it "force" the issue on the consolidated contracts.
By reducing the numbr of school districts in New Jersey to less than 200, would eliminate hundreds of superintendents, business administrators. This will allow keeping the as many teachers in the classroom as possible. Larger districts would also find it easier to lower the costs of transportation, food services, custodial and secratarial jobs could be outsources

Old 05-25-2010, 03:28 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,771,724 times
Quote:
$70 billon fled the state in the last 5 years. Stop embarassing yourself.
If $70 billion fled the state, it wasn't due to taxes. You can't back up your pathetic horse crap.

Quote:
Why do the spenders want the state to go bankrupt? Why do they hate the state?
Everyone in NJ is a spender, so I don't know who you are talking about. Maybe if you stop blindly following Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter you can actually think for yourself one day. Maybe. (But I doubt it.)

Old 05-25-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Point to where I stated it was or was not legal. You are the ONLY ONE stating the legality of this subject. Now that You can't back up your statement, your "deflecting". Just say you overstated and leave it at that.

My statement was AGAIN, if the states can take over a public school system, Why can they not take over all of the Public Schools and as you put it "force" the issue on the consolidated contracts.
By reducing the numbr of school districts in New Jersey to less than 200, would eliminate hundreds of superintendents, business administrators. This will allow keeping the as many teachers in the classroom as possible. Larger districts would also find it easier to lower the costs of transportation, food services, custodial and secratarial jobs could be outsources
Ok so you can't point to anything that indicted this is remotely legal and you have no idea how much it might save. Great plan!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:34 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,771,724 times
Quote:
OK I am a nice guy so I will continue to educate you.

Wealthy Avoid New Jersey - Forbes.com

"At least that's the implication of a new analysis of wealthy folks' movements into and out of New Jersey (http://topics.forbes.com/New%20Jersey - broken link) from 1999 through 2008. In all, the state suffered a $70 billion net outflow in wealth from 2004 through 2008, compared with a $98 billion net inflow in the prior five years. The Garden State's reversal in fortune was due to a large drop in the number of wealthy households entering the state and a moderate increase in the number of wealthy households leaving. (See: The United States Of Debt)."
Oh, thank you for brainlessly regurgitating via cut-n-paste someone else's opinion and conjecture of why any wealth left the state. It might be more interesting if you had either some actual proof or even an original thought of your own, but it's clear to see that neither of those is possible so I'll be sure to expect more brainless cut-n-paste and conservative talking points from the likes of you (i.e. you, the other Jersey-bashers, and the obsessed ex-nj residents who can't tear themselves away from the NJ forum particularly whenever there's some bashing of NJ going on).

Old 05-25-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
If $70 billion fled the state, it wasn't due to taxes. You can't back up your pathetic horse crap.

Everyone in NJ is a spender, so I don't know who you are talking about. Maybe if you stop blindly following Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter you can actually think for yourself one day. Maybe. (But I doubt it.)
So sad I posted the link for this poor fellow yet he still denies the fact.

Let me further your education if you are in debt you stop spending.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Oh, thank you for brainlessly regurgitating via cut-n-paste someone else's opinion and conjecture of why any wealth left the state. It might be more interesting if you had either some actual proof or even an original thought of your own, but it's clear to see that neither of those is possible so I'll be sure to expect more brainless cut-n-paste and conservative talking points from the likes of you (i.e. you, the other Jersey-bashers, and the obsessed ex-nj residents who can't tear themselves away from the NJ forum particularly whenever there's some bashing of NJ going on).
Stop embarassing yourself. This is an academic study. I understand your frustration you have been proven wrong repeatedly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey