Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,130 times

Advertisements

given asuspened ticketeven though i was not driving at the time the cop pulled behind my car i was about 20 feet away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 07:30 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,661,915 times
Yet another "invisible driver" defense.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:47 AM

526 posts, read 2,068,554 times
The one I always got as a kid was, "You fit the description of a suspect." Total B.S. ... Woodbridge cops in the 90s were famous for this ... absolute corrupt dirtbags.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:02 AM

696 posts, read 906,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I just got pulled over in Bayonne and I did nothing wrong. He walked up and asked for my information and I gave it to him and asked what I did and he didn't answer and walked back to the car. He came back and said my license is suspended and asked me if I had ever been pulled over and I said no, I did have parking tickets in Bayonne, JC, and NYC that I had paid in April and that was the only time my license was ever suspended so I paid the restoration fee at the mvc and they said I was good to drive. So unless I have another parking ticket out there somewhere then I don't see why my license is suspended. Even if I have another ticket I should have received something in the mail to warn me that it was suspended. After that he gave me a ticket for driving without a license and gave me another ticket for not having a valid insurance card because my policy ran out and instead of my insurance company allowing me to just pay it and restore my policy, they had to rewrite me a whole new one and I didn't get my card in the mail yet. After all of that I asked him again what did I do wrong to get pulled over and he snickered a little and said he just put my plate number in the computer and it said it was suspended. WTF!!!!!!I was in a pack of cars heading down the street at between 25-30 miles per hour and he was sitting on the side of the road so this leads me to believe either A) He didn't actually run my plate and just was "fishing" and pulled me over hoping to get something B) He just picked me out to run the plate because I stuck out from the others, or C) He was going to try to make something up that I did wrong, but didn't have to because my license showed up to be suspended. I just paid almost $500 in tickets and restoration fees and now they expect me to pay this. Can they legally pull me over for this?
The police are totally above the law. They can summarily execute you and get off scott free by uttering the magic words "I feared for my safety". Forget those "Click-It or Ticket" campaigns; "Comply or Die" would be more apropos.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:24 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
The police are totally above the law. They can summarily execute you
If only that were true!
Oh, just in your case!

Old 08-03-2014, 04:11 PM

696 posts, read 906,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
If only that were true!
Oh, just in your case!
Spoken like a true twenty and out!

Old 08-03-2014, 04:27 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Police do run plate numbers randomly...
In fact there is software that does it automatically through the car's camera and then reports cars that are in violation. Once this becomes mainstream, anyone with a suspended/expired tad will be fair game to cops.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:00 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,661,915 times
Quote:
does it automatically through the car's camera
No, it doesn't. It's a separate unit.

Quote:
Can they legally pull me over for this?
You didn't deny the reg was suspended, so yes they can. By your own description, the violations issued are all valid. I guess you think that it's someone else's responsibility to get the documents required for you? Your agent can issue a card on the spot.

Quote:
because my policy ran out
Again, that's someone else's fault, not yours. Your reg could have and probably was suspended because your insurance company reported the lapsed policy. Yet you see no issue with the fact you were for a time driving uninsured.

Quote:
They can summarily execute you
And once again we see the typical loser mentality.

One of the most recent studies done by an independent writer..

Quote:

A vast majority of the people shot by the police in 2011 were men between the
ages 25 and 40 who had histories of crime. Overall, people shot by the police
were much older than the typical first-time arrestee. A significant number of
the people wounded and killed by the authorities were over fifty, some in their
eighties. In 2011, the police shot two 15-year-olds, and a girl who was 16.

The police shot, in 2011, about 50 women, most
of whom were armed with knives and had histories of emotional distress.
Overall, about a quarter of those shot were either mentally ill and/or
suicidal. Many of these were "suicide-by-cop" cases.

Most police shooting victims were armed with
handguns. The next most common weapon involved vehicles (used as weapons),
followed by knives (and other sharp objects), shotguns, and rifles. Very few of
these people carried assault weapons, and a small percentage were unarmed.
About 50 subjects were armed with BB-guns, pellet guns or replica firearms.

The situations that brought police shooters and
their targets together included domestic and other disturbances; crimes in
progress such as robbery, assault and carjacking; the execution of arrest
warrants; drug raids; gang activities; routine traffic stops; car chases; and
standoff and hostage events.

Women make up
about 15 percent of the nation's uniformed police services. During 2011, about
25 female police officers wounded or killed civilians. None of these officers
had shot anyone in the past. While the vast majority of police officers never
fire their guns in the line of duty, 15 officers who did shoot someone in 2011,
had shot at least one person before. (This figure is probably low because
police departments don't like to report such statistics.) Most police
shootings involved members of police departments followed by sheriff's
deputies, the state police, and federal officers. These shootings took place in
big cities, suburban areas, towns, and in rural areas. Big city shootings
comprised about half of these violent confrontations in 2011.

Last edited by rscalzo; 08-04-2014 at 09:12 PM..

Old 08-18-2017, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 388 times
Hi....im in FL and two days ago i was pulled over...ok so let me just put this out there my license is suspended...i was on my way to take my kids to school and i was on my normal route. This cop was parked in a parking lot with a view of traffic...as soon as i passed by he pulls out...now again i know im already breaking the law but let me finish...i was not speeding i had my seat belt on i did not give this cop no reason....so i see he pulls out now theres like 6 cars behind me...and i continue on my normal route...i decided to not turn on my normal street because there to many kids walkong to school so i decided to turn onnthe next street...as soon as i got to the stop sign i see the cop...so while im going to turn into my sons school he bust a u turn and then turn his lights on...he gets out the car comes to the passenger side and knew my name....knew who i was without evening running my plate...and then telling me that this is not my normal route...now the vehicle is not in my name but he knew i wasnt supposed to be driving..so of course he will use that as a reason...but the whole thing afterward didnt make sense.....(feedback please)

Old 08-18-2017, 10:16 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Yes, you were probably profiled. Welcome to life. From what I read in your OP, your license is no longer suspended and you have your insurance up to date. Good on you.

Unfortunately, until the records catch up with reality, you will have to put up with being pulled over and going to court for nothing - maybe you can call the court and they can tell you the best way to handle this.

If I were you I'd be annoyed, but I would also take this as a warning as to what COULD happen if you let any f that slip and be caught driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey