Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Marion County, FL
1,288 posts, read 2,896,058 times
Reputation: 554

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i got tears in my eyes looking at the bayonne and JC pixs....makes me nostalgic for my "urban life" back in the day. too bad you didn't get to downtown bayonne, that's the real gem IMHO.
We're gone a little over 6 months -- it was good to see home again. But I wouldn't trade our little piece of heaven here in Florida for the urban life any more, no matter how much I miss diners, Italian bakeries, Costco, and Yankee Stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2010, 08:20 AM
 
Location: NJ
12,283 posts, read 35,711,145 times
Reputation: 5331
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
We're gone a little over 6 months -- it was good to see home again. But I wouldn't trade our little piece of heaven here in Florida for the urban life any more, no matter how much I miss diners, Italian bakeries, Costco, and Yankee Stadium.
I've been gone 18 years so you'll probably get more nostaglic as time passes on...I was in the honeymoon phase at 6 months (and 6 years) too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Marion County, FL
1,288 posts, read 2,896,058 times
Reputation: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I've been gone 18 years so you'll probably get more nostaglic as time passes on...I was in the honeymoon phase at 6 months (and 6 years) too!
I probably will. But family is gone or moved away, most of my friends are all over the country anyway, and I really, really, hate snow!

We -do- miss The Lighthouse, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 09:45 AM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,380 posts, read 26,872,226 times
Reputation: 4581
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Where are the Hoboken pics!! Very nice so far.
Here you go.

























































Second Street Station








YouTube - Hudson Bergen Light Rail @ Second Street

Next Stop > Union City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,890 posts, read 18,769,803 times
Reputation: 3146
Great Hoboken pics, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Weehawken, NJ
1,302 posts, read 4,576,770 times
Reputation: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Kind of like "where does North Jersey end and South Jersey begin?", you'll get a bunch of different answers. But generally, IMHO, it's the area south of the underpasses, which is 1st - 7th streets. 8-15th can be considered "downtown" I guess but the best parts are 1st-7th. Great pix btw, really enjoying them!

Lol, yeah it is debatable, but I agree with you anything past the underpass. There are also some very nice looking houses across from the library and right around the park, they don't look like they belong in Bayonne. It is almost like you teleport to a different town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 07:43 AM
 
Location: NJ
12,283 posts, read 35,711,145 times
Reputation: 5331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Lol, yeah it is debatable, but I agree with you anything past the underpass. There are also some very nice looking houses across from the library and right around the park, they don't look like they belong in Bayonne. It is almost like you teleport to a different town.
i lived on 14th street for awhile and while I didn't feel like I was truly "downtown", I didn't feel "midtown" either - it was like no man's land.

that area near the library does have some gorgeous homes, as does the area around the park (the streets right at the end of Avenue A around 34th street) and the beginning streets of Ave B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 07:54 AM
 
Location: 32°19'03.7"N 106°43'55.9"W
9,379 posts, read 20,821,491 times
Reputation: 10005
These pictures once again affirm my assertion that Hudson County is the real, 'hidden' sixth borough of NYC, and that if there was any rationality in the world, Hudson County and Richmond County NY would be involved in a 'land swap'. In fact, I would even say, in my fantasy world, that the southern segment of Bergen County, from Fairview up to the cliffs, would also go to NY. NJ wouldn't start until after you hit Overpeck Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 11:38 AM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,380 posts, read 26,872,226 times
Reputation: 4581
Union City - note i only did one street , i didn't have time to go around.

































Up Stop > Bergenline Avenue Station and a few other pix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Weehawken, NJ
1,302 posts, read 4,576,770 times
Reputation: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
These pictures once again affirm my assertion that Hudson County is the real, 'hidden' sixth borough of NYC, and that if there was any rationality in the world, Hudson County and Richmond County NY would be involved in a 'land swap'. In fact, I would even say, in my fantasy world, that the southern segment of Bergen County, from Fairview up to the cliffs, would also go to NY. NJ wouldn't start until after you hit Overpeck Park.

I agree, IMO Hudson has more in common with NYC than NJ and SI is vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top