U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 02:27 PM

2,161 posts, read 4,519,133 times

Advertisements

Hi, is anyone here familiar with the Rose Arbor development in Morris township? I am interested in buying there and am doing some research.

First, is Caroline Foster Court a part of this development? Just curious. It is situated a little apart from the rest of the streets like Wildflower Lane, Hancock Drive, etc.

Second, does anyone have details on the monthly HOA fee? It's about $275 a month and covers "Maintenance-Common Area, Maintenance-Exterior, Water Fees". Do these fees cover maintenance of roof, siding and deck? I know that at the Powder Mill development, the HOA fee basically only covers landscaping and snow removal...owner is responsible for repairs/replacing roof, siding and deck (owner is responsible even for removal of dead trees on the property).

Third, does anyone have any advice to offer on condo purchasing? My friend was telling me the other day that lots of condos built in the 2000s used chinese sheet rock which causes lots of expensive problems. I know Rose Arbor was built in the early '90s so I assume chinese sheet rock is not an issue (hopefully, anyway), but does anyone have any similar inside info or tips? I take "caveat emptor" to paranoid levels.

For example, I was looking at the new construction condos off of Rt. 10 in Whippany...The Grande...the salesperson there told me that if I chose a condo on the second floor I'd be required to have carpet on the floors. This raised a red flag for me so I did some research. It turns out that they use gypcrete for flooring which is cheap material that offers no soundproofing (hence the mandatory carpeting). As well, if internet complaint boards are any indication, the builder of these condos, DR Horton, seems to have a really really bad reputation, NATIONWIDE, for many of their developments, and they are even being sued by their carpenters for some egregious offense or another. You would never know this from touring the sparkling property, though.

And then there were the condos I viewed at Montville Chase. These, too, seemed very nice until I went inside and heard the neighbors conversation from next door. They were speaking in normal in-door voices yet I could hear every word they were saying, as well as their TV in the background!

When I was at Rose Arbor, I detected no such problems...so far, so good. Anyone have any opinions (or warnings or praises) on this development?

What about a link to their HOA website? Couldn't find one on-line.

Anyone know the name of the builder for this development?

Any tidbits of info that anyone wants to throw my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey