Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:21 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,840,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa-Ana View Post
So are you a student there? That good to hear!! the more Aussies the better!!! Lol did they really do that?? Im glad they didn't enter the freeway the wrong way woah that would have been ugly. Oh and im not looking forward to the whole driving on the opposite side of the road thing lol what a trip. What food choices?
NJ is like a slice of the World , compacted and served. Parts of Newark are Portuguese , Italian , Irish , German , and Spanish so the food in those areas is great. Same goes for parts of Jersey City , Hoboken. Paterson has a growing Arab community , Clifton has alot of Indian places and Italians. Nah , i'm no student , i'm an outsider looking to improve the area........ Aussies and British need a few months to adjust to driving on the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 03:47 PM

614 posts, read 1,375,405 times
You can google the area you will be living in plus the surrounding areas on crime rates and other things you may need or want to know about. Hell if I was in my 20's I would just show you around myself.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:06 PM

132 posts, read 631,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
If you eat in a restaurant where someone comes to your table, takes your order, brings the food to you, and gives you a check, the rule of thumb is to tip 15-20 percent of the final bill. Some cheapskates deduct the tax before they do this, but clearly they have never waitressed!
Many cell phones have a Tip Calculator.

Also of note, make sure the tip takes into account the total amount of the bill prior to coupon discounts.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 AM

14 posts, read 20,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
You can google the area you will be living in plus the surrounding areas on crime rates and other things you may need or want to know about. Hell if I was in my 20's I would just show you around myself.
Haha cheeky

Old 06-11-2010, 12:14 PM

I'm sorry was that bad to say?

Old 06-12-2010, 08:09 AM

Nah not at all, it's fine

Old 06-14-2010, 05:16 AM

1 posts, read 854 times
Essex County College has one of the highest safety rankings for colleges in New Jersey. If you check the Nation Department of Education website, you can review crime information for all colleges in the US. I live in Livingson and have not heard about any major incident occuring at Essex County College. Someone mentioned Seton Hall as an alternative; well if you google information about it, you will find that several students were killed in an arson fire there several years ago.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa-Ana View Post
Nah not at all, it's fine
Ok were good then

Old 06-14-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1 View Post
Essex County College has one of the highest safety rankings for colleges in New Jersey. If you check the Nation Department of Education website, you can review crime information for all colleges in the US. I live in Livingson and have not heard about any major incident occuring at Essex County College. Someone mentioned Seton Hall as an alternative; well if you google information about it, you will find that several students were killed in an arson fire there several years ago.
Thanks for the insight but im not worried about being on the college grounds i am more worried about driving down South Orange Ave at night and driving in Newark in general.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:52 AM

3 posts, read 15,508 times
The UCC (Union County College) campus in Cranford is very nice and safe. About 20 mins from South Orange. Montclair State is also great, though probably a little more expensive than UCC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey