Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:59 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,175,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Now I'm really confused. Being straight doesn't mean you're anti-gay. Also, I believe the label you are looking for is pro-choice.
no, it is pro abortion, pro choice is having a choice and when you do not use birth control you made a choice, when you support or choose an abortion it is pro abortion!!!!

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 02:09 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,214,735 times
Funny, how when people use exclamation points in an argument, they expect to be taken more seriously, when the opposite result is achieved.

I'm much more a fan of discussing issue politics than identity politics. I suppose I'll have to wait for the first debate (if applicable) before I see any of that.

Fair warning, candidates.. the first gubernatorial campaign or supporter to robocall my home number gets voted against.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:21 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,060,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
So who says a Gay Pride parade won't be an American tradition one day?
Certainly not in your small world view.

Steve

and who says we wont have KKK rally's in all cities and towns, it could be a new American tradition, maybe in your expanded world view we will one day since you want to be so accepting and open to something different, we need to be open to all things. Im just saying.

I hope you vote for Martinez cause we need change like Obama said, so lets change up the corrupt state of NM and elect Martinez.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:21 PM

1,732 posts, read 4,460,938 times
It would be just like a person going to a pro-choice march if they were anti-choice.

If Diane Denish had ever voiced disapproval of gay rights.

Has she? I don't think so.

So, in this case, there is no valid comparison.

And being pro-choice is not pro-abortion. Plenty of women use birth control and get pregnant. Plenty of women choose to get pregnant but due to devastating developments with the fetus choose abortion.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
and who says we wont have KKK rally's in all cities and towns, it could be a new American tradition, maybe in your expanded world view we will one day since you want to be so accepting and open to something different, we need to be open to all things. Im just saying.

I hope you vote for Martinez cause we need change like Obama said, so lets change up the corrupt state of NM and elect Martinez.

Actually, the ACLU defends the right of the KKK to have rallies.

But comparing a hate group to a minority is apples and oranges.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:25 PM

3,435 posts, read 7,007,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
It would be just like a person going to a pro-choice march if they were anti-choice.

If Diane Denish had ever voiced disapproval of gay rights.

Has she? I don't think so.

So, in this case, there is no valid comparison.

And being pro-choice is not pro-abortion. Plenty of women use birth control and get pregnant. Plenty of women choose to get pregnant but due to devastating developments with the fetus choose abortion.
Karma, Diane Denish does NOT support the gay community.. It is just a front.

Serious. As if, she would? haha... lets get real here.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:41 PM

Bradly,

Please provide some kind of supporting documentation to this claim.

Denish is a Democrat and is far more likely, as a liberal, to support the gay community. I was king enough to provide a link to a legitimate news story in which she was quoted as being in favor of domestic partner rights.

Please provide something to the contrary.

I'm really not sure what "haha... lets ( sic ) get real here. " is supposed to mean.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:38 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,060,444 times
Quote:
Actually, the ACLU defends the right of the KKK to have rallies.

But comparing a hate group to a minority is apples and oranges.
true, the ACLU defends the right to have KKK rallies just like the gays have their rights to host their embarassing parade

what Im saying is, if everyone is going to be so accepting of everything then KKK rallies might be as common as an annual Fourth of July parade, and it could happen in every city and town, just like a gay parade could, if you are going to be accepting, you got to be accepting of everything, you have to practice what you preach and just not what suites your needs and wants.

I dont support KKK rallies or gay parades and I dont want either one in my town but it could happen.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:19 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,742,239 times
Equating a gay rights parade to a KKK rally is really pretty sad. Sorry you feel that way.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:55 PM

3,435 posts, read 7,007,536 times
Quote:
Bradly,

Please provide some kind of supporting documentation to this claim.

Denish is a Democrat and is far more likely, as a liberal, to support the gay community. I was king enough to provide a link to a legitimate news story in which she was quoted as being in favor of domestic partner rights.

Please provide something to the contrary.

I'm really not sure what "haha... lets ( sic ) get real here. " is supposed to mean.
What do you mean documentation?! Obviously if she DOES support civil unions and the gay community, it would say so on her website... or her platform... does it karma? no. SHE DOESNT! and she will NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico