Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 06:20 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,452,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Well, in good ol' Nevada we have a choice to vote for "None of these" which averages about 5,000 votes come election time.

And that brings up the question of where you will be voting? NV or NM? It's going to be difficult to do both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 07:12 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,190,705 times
I sure do wish we had "none of the above" as a choice here in NM. I imagine NV will get far more than 5000 votes for that option this go-around.

Martinez was kind enough to lend her voice to a recording which called my house during dinner. I wasn't ordinarily going to give her a vote, but after Denish's sluggish and lackluster campaign, I was legitimately on the fence. Now I think I'll give Denish the vote until _she_ robocalls me (I'm sure it's just a matter of time), then it'll belong to Mr. write-in. Mr. write-in might get the vote anyway, but I do legitimately want to support candidates who don't use autodialers.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:00 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,992,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
And that brings up the question of where you will be voting? NV or NM? It's going to be difficult to do both.
I was registered in Nevada, but I hated it... Over the summer I was mostly in New Mexico and probably will move back to take over my parent's franchise. This line of work is stressful.

So I made the deadline to register. I would have love to have voted for Brian Sandoval (R) here in Nevada for gov, who is ahead by over 12 points or more depending at what poll you look at. But I have to vote fror Susana! after meeting her 3 times.

And Zoidberg, you think you get robo-calls bad, you should see my home phone in Nevada. Damn, I'm glad I disconnected it.

I don't know how many of you looked but If California, and New Mexico get their way, we will join Arizona for a woman republican governor. All 4 Border states will have republicans! What does that tell you????? haha

Old 10-08-2010, 10:06 AM

888 posts, read 1,187,737 times
Altitude sickness?

Steve

Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 AM

9,379 posts, read 20,821,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
I was registered in Nevada, but I hated it... Over the summer I was mostly in New Mexico and probably will move back to take over my parent's franchise. This line of work is stressful.

So I made the deadline to register. I would have love to have voted for Brian Sandoval (R) here in Nevada for gov, who is ahead by over 12 points or more depending at what poll you look at. But I have to vote fror Susana! after meeting her 3 times.

And Zoidberg, you think you get robo-calls bad, you should see my home phone in Nevada. Damn, I'm glad I disconnected it.

I don't know how many of you looked but If California, and New Mexico get their way, we will join Arizona for a woman republican governor. All 4 Border states will have republicans! What does that tell you????? haha
I guess this means, Bradly, that you are giving Governor Perry the shoe-in vote in Texas? I wouldn't be so sure. Texas seems to be drifting left-ward, as I have been predicting for the past 2 years. Demographics play a role as Texas is now a majority-minority state, and will therefore be purple or even blue in the next 10 years, hence, Governor Perry's underperforming poll numbers right now.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:05 PM

4,875 posts, read 4,817,581 times
Mike, the Rasmussen poll had Perry up by 11% (and two internal Texas polls had him at 14% and 5%, can't speak to either's reliability). In 2006, Perry won by 10-11% (against three other candidates, something like 40-30-15-15).

Old 10-09-2010, 09:25 PM

Texas (Rick Perry) New Mexico (Susana Martinez) Arizona (Jan Brewer) California (Meg Whitman)

All Republicans.......... wooooow... the border states are NOT friendly this election season!

Rick Perry will pull it off... he always does.
Meg Whitman, I hope she can!!!! with 110 Million trying to be california's gov.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:44 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,033,341 times
We had a rally for Susana Martinez yesterday in Santa Fe.

It was one of those spectacular early fall days in northern NM. We estimated about 350 people were there. It was enthusiastic, festive, and a lot of fun.

Surprising to me were the number of latinos in the crowd, and the number of people carrying signs or wearing stickers that said "Democrats for Martinez."

Matthew Chandler (candidate for Attorney General) was there as well. He is an impressive candidate and also just a very nice young man. His problem is name recognition which is causing him to be significantly behind in the polls so far.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:57 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,190,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Matthew Chandler (candidate for Attorney General) was there as well. He is an impressive candidate and also just a very nice young man. His problem is name recognition which is causing him to be significantly behind in the polls so far.
Right. ::wink:: Name recognition.

This gubernatorial election's funny. If I firmly believed in one party, I'd lean toward the other party's candidate this go-around, because both candidates are ineffectual and would lose in an election to most anybody else; it's as if we're voting for football team, and UNM and NMSU are the only two choices.

As such, I think whoever wins this will last one term or less, and end up giving the office to the opposite party in 2014. No wonder you see so many Dems for Martinez; they think they have a dud this time around.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
We had a rally for Susana Martinez yesterday in Santa Fe.

It was one of those spectacular early fall days in northern NM. We estimated about 350 people were there. It was enthusiastic, festive, and a lot of fun.

Surprising to me were the number of latinos in the crowd, and the number of people carrying signs or wearing stickers that said "Democrats for Martinez."

Agh! I wish I could have met you! I was there for awhile as well!! It was great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico