Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:48 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,410,779 times

Advertisements

I am already on the telemarketer 'do not call' list, but that doesn't include political phone-spam I guess.

I am a registered voter, but declined to state my party (so I wouldn't get bombarded with paraphernalia).

I hang up the phone, and the robo calls right back!

Anybody know how to get off that list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 07:33 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,815,671 times
Correct, the "Do not call list" does works well, but it does not apply to political or charity calls.

I leave the phone off the hook for the entire message, just to use up their calling capacity.

No way to get off the list.

I have sent letters of complaint to the New Mexico Attorney Generals Office. I don't think it helped...

I also have sent E-Mails complaining to individual politician's. It usually does not work except in one case I got a reply and the calls stopped.

Rich

Old 07-29-2010, 07:39 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,410,779 times
Ugh. So I'm stuck with being plagued with these calls eh? He really ramps up during the elections. I don't listen long enough to see who he is supporting, or maybe he is running off about the AZ immigration law - who knows.

Owing to the fact that I now make a small horrified screaming sound whenever his name is mentioned, or when I receive political fliers with his face on them in my mail - I don't think this is doing much good for any re-election strategy. At least, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the response Rich

Old 07-29-2010, 08:26 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,815,671 times
He might not know what his campaign team is doing...

Some campaign personnel, like me for example, do not have a clue...

Old 07-29-2010, 11:37 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,369,459 times
If you can find a way to get removed, please let me know!!!

My husband gets these calls all the time on his cell phone...which is a WORK phone. He doesn't have time to be running to answer the phone, only to find out its a pita robo call.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:45 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,891,374 times
Caller ID is the best friend a phone ever had.

I turned off my answering machine because I'm getting harrassing calls from collection agencies (wrong person, since my credit rating is excellent and my credit report is both frozen and monitored for activity)....I am beginning to think that NM is the worst state in the world for this type of crap!!

I have called, written letters, cancelled long-paid off cards from the bank(s) in question...etc! What a bunch of sleazebags. It is FINALLY beginning to taper off (only one left to hopefully get rid of soon).....!!!

When I leave for CO the next time, I will unplug the phone altogether, so I don't have to clean up all the unwanted Caller ID crap.

Since the political season will be in full swing soon, I plan to leave my answering machine off, period.

I'm sick of this, and I really do understand how you feel!! It is just so irritating!!

Old 07-29-2010, 01:41 PM

9,379 posts, read 20,825,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
If you can find a way to get removed, please let me know!!!

My husband gets these calls all the time on his cell phone...which is a WORK phone. He doesn't have time to be running to answer the phone, only to find out its a pita robo call.
Teague, in Rio Rancho???? That's not even close to being in the 2nd congressional district. Maybe he wants to run for senate?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:18 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,369,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Teague, in Rio Rancho???? That's not even close to being in the 2nd congressional district. Maybe he wants to run for senate?
I'm not sure if its Teague or who it is. All I know is hubby gets very ticked off when they call his cell. We have his number on the Do Not Call list, as its a business phone.

Guess they'll do anything to try to get a vote.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,776,076 times
Write a letter to the Editor of the appropriate newspaper(s) and send a copy to the campaign stating that they have upset you so much with their annoying phone calls that you are now going to vote against them.

Send some emails and place phone calls to the campaign. Call in whatever radio talk shows there are. Wash, rinse, repeat. I don't know if it'll work, but at least you can return the annoyance in kind.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:26 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,730,909 times
Promise to vote for his opponent if you receive another call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico