Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 08:11 AM

25 posts, read 200,712 times

Advertisements

Anybody out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Seriously. Anybody? Anybody at all? Hello?

Hello?

Old 04-09-2007, 08:43 AM

Hello?

Hello?

Hello?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothbard View Post
I am considering moving to Estancia and am concerned about health care in small towns. Is the closest decent hospital/ emergency room in Albuquerque?
Thanks!

There may be a clinic of some sort in Moriarity. But for major issues you will have to go to Albuquerque.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:06 AM

Thank you!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Nil

11 posts, read 110,295 times
There is a small clinic in Estancia itself, and one in Moriarty(McLoud medical), plus another in Edgewood. I've gotten stitches in Moriarty, and had a cast done as well. Anything life threatening you'll probably head to Alb, either by life guard helicopter, ambulance, or your own power...

Old 06-27-2007, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,824 times
does anyone know the information for the pool like the price and hours i cant find thier number in the phone book and 411 doesnt have the number either

Old 06-28-2007, 05:51 PM

271 posts, read 1,174,782 times
You might want to check out Alpine, Tx. I've never been there and I live
in southern NM but I hear it is a really nice small town. I also hear that it
has a college which might mean less poverty that is often associated with
little southwest towns. I have been to Mountainair and estancia many times
but it was while I was in route to Santa Fe. Stanley could be interesting
but there is almost nothing there but that may be what you are looking for.
There are some real pretty vistas from Stanley and Moriarty is only 10 miles
to the south so there are a few business establishments there. The VA hospital for estancia or Stanley would be Albuquerque. I use it some myself
and I can't say anything bad about it. I have seen the VA hospital in Amarillo
but I know nothing about it. There are a few pretty areas in Amarillo but the
wind can really blow there. I'm not sure about the dust as it seems greener
than southern NM. T or C is a quirky town and I always hear that you either
love it or hate it. Alamogordo is hot and windy at times but it is near some
really pretty mountains but your husband would be using the El Paso VA hospital. Good Luck

Old 07-03-2007, 02:00 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Alpine, TX is a very nice small town. It has Sul Ross State University, which is a beautiful little college. In fact, I may wind up in Alpine (or in Marfa or Ft Davis, both near Alpine), but I'll likely move to NM.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:04 AM

775 posts, read 2,587,352 times
Default Estancia

Estancia is a quiet little town with good people. The East Mountain Telegraph and the Independent are two newspapers from the Area and can give you lots of information. The East mountain area is nice country living and half an hour from Albuquerque. Lots of cold weather in the winter in the East mountain area. if you are looking for nice warm area from the Central part down in N.M. is where you will find warm weather. Roswell is nice and 40 miles away is the VA in Artesia. Alamogordo and Las Cruces are warm places also. Ruidoso is Beautiful but cold weather Country. el pintada kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico