Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2007, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le7m2d6 View Post
As a former federal law officer the US government list Truth or Consequence, New Mexico as being the worst small town in America to live in as more than half of its local government is corrupt
I got in trouble for hitting a homeless man I was helping who robbed me in front of his face for insisting he leave after I let him stay for a night (and saved his life by doing so I'm nearly sure, it was freezing out). I had let him in for about the third despite his having robbed me and been extremely rude to me before - yeah, he robbed me more than once.

He stole my cellphone and a small amount of cash which was a big deal to me since I had no job and had very little and humiliated me by having me walk out barefoot in the morning yelling at him repeatedly to give me my phone back and when he got out to the sidewalk, I yelled for him not to throw my phone knowing he was a jerk and of course he threw it out into the street where there was traffic. I ran got it and was so furious I picked up a rock and as he was leaning over looking in his backpack I hit him on the head with it (and he was wearing a cap thankfully) and he walked over to a wall and slumped against hit in pain.

I went back to my apt. and he followed me and called the police fearing he would die and I'd be a murderer.

They came and rebuked me for using a rock and one tried to scare me into admitting I tried to kill him but I didn't of course since it wasn't true.

I think one of the reasons they didn't arrest me was because they saw my diseased looking dove eating on the floor and didn't want to be responsible for it dying.

Anyways it sucked, I broke out in hives or something for 2 weeks, which in itself was punishment, it was on my groin and even my toes and itched so bad. I got to court and to my horror there was a couple who claimed I hit him when he was sitting down, which sounds really bad and they were the only witnesses known.

Well so I got a deal to see a prob. and stay out of trouble for a year or something, but my watch was wrong and I didn't know it. So one day I show up one day too early, and the clerk tells me he's on vacation. She didn't tell me I was there on the wrong day or to come even if he wasn't there. I also recall him saying he would take a vacation in a "no matter what" manner. So I called him that or the next day to let him know I showed up and to call me back if he wanted me to show up. He never called back.

Later I find I have a warrant out for my arrest, which was generated no thanks to my prob. officer saying I failed to show up. His excuse was that I was supposed to show up once a month. Well hello, since when does the person on probation show up without an appointment? Last time I checked it was the prob. who schedules! Ugh! A few days later I read rape stories that happen in prisons and how they get ignored and months later see a news store about a man i think in MD being beaten in a prison mistakenly having been labeled a pedophile. Also, I'm a pretty boy and gays like to flirt with me sometimes. Real good incentive to go back to court in the 49th most corrupt labeled state eh? Not. But anyways I get a court date to show up, and 2 days before thanksgiving am having severe pain from TWO kidney stones, which turned out to be large and jagged. I don't know if I can show up so I call, and what do I discover? The date had been cancelled. If I had shown up I would have gone four miles downtown in major pain for nothing. I get another notice days later to show up, but the pain is still very bad and I end up not showing up. I show the judge medical records and what happened to me in NM (being harassed as soon as I moved here and robbed by more then one person and the harassment continuing no thanks to the nm court system - my next door meth addicted neighbor who literally lived a about three feet across from me - saw my name on the court notice which identified me as the one who called on him for his super loud fights with his gf and almost hitting his little daughter with a glass vase he through - so harassed me on and off for months - and later another man working at Whole Foods forced his way into my apt messing up 6 months worth of artwork and forcing me to walk him back to his apt. who I later complained about at Whole Foods but instead the supervisor, Shelly, a lesbian looking type sicked her security guard on me who assaulted me and she called the police on me when I wouldn't leave the plaza which she lied about Whole Foods owning and the sec. guard lied about supervising and the police fell for their lie and they lied too about me harassing their employees. Anyways I told the judge, hoping he'd realize I was being railroaded since being here. Did he care? No, he reissued the warrant. And I think now for about five months I've been laying low. What I'm afraid of is being raped in prison and now that I know this is the 49th worse state in the U.S. why in the world am I going to go to court? It's like walking into a bear trap and expecting no pain.

I think it is cruel and unusual punishment to show the witnesses name to the person they called on when they were reported for violence. Oh and to ad insult to injury I called on this girl who verbally abused me who was using the apt. pools illegally and despite her knowing I probably lived there unlike her. Instead this short-guy-complexed officer calls me retarded and his partner asks me why I didn't show up at court to witness against my neighbor. DUH BECAUSE HE LIVES ACROSS FROM ME AND SO DID HIS GF WHO LOVED HIM DESPITE HIS YELLING HER DOWN ALL THE TIME. OF COURSE I DIDN'T SHOW UP. And he asks me this after my neighbor was finally evicted, months later.

It's funny to see there are many beautiful women living here though. I saw one yesterday at walmart, a tall young blonde with her friend. She was gathering up a bunch of cheap cans of sphaghetti o's. She was pretty enough to be a model. And the most beautiful black woman I ever saw I also saw at walmart hah, and I watched her go back to her car, and it was rear-ended and badly wrecked. So I can't completely hate this state, but it sucks knowing I can be picked on by the police one day and be put in jail for something that wasn't my fault and be in there who knows how long and be harassed all over again or raped or murdered.

I wish the governor would pardon me so I can get on with my life. I'm trying to finish some books and get a job, but it's scary going outside with a warrant out for me.

Oh yeah, I thought I'd add that my prob. told me he would crack the skull open of anyone who did to him what was done to me, and said he was from NY, implying that that is why he would do that. In otherwords, because of how he was raised, that is why he would murder a man. I laughed about it so he wouldn't think I was a self-righteous person. : (
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 02:00 AM

79 posts, read 326,836 times
Default wow, crazy!

wow, crazy!

Old 04-27-2007, 05:17 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,638,996 times
Rapidfire - You need a lawyer. Get one.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:47 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,861,106 times
crime is everywhere. gangs are everywhere and corrupt officals are everywhere. I laugh that people are making NM sound like the wild wild west!
Ever been in SE washington DC scarey as heck even in daylight! Or Baltimore? 5th ward in houston? the area near Harlem Hospital in NYC?

Maybe because I grew up in a big city (HOuston...actually in Houston not suburb) that I think it's funny when people describe crime as being rampent and horrible. It's everywhere folks just be smart about where you live.

We have MS-13 and Latin Kings problems here in NOVA yes the quiet suburbs of VA have gang crimes etc...

in SW PA one judge who was breing under federal indiment for crimes was Re-elected! the old saying there was "hey at least he OUR crook!" LOOK at Ohio and Trafficant! Politicians EVERYWHERE are crooks! There are bad and corrupt police officers everywhere.

Did you know that MONTANA had the 2nd highest rate of TEEN METH users in the US??? look for the HBO documentary on the subject.

We are problably moving to ABQ and after doing the research we will probably go for NE heights. I am looking forward to the beautiful scenery and the slower pace of life!

Old 04-28-2007, 06:29 PM

4 posts, read 137,578 times
hello aguamarine4, like you California too pricey and crowder and looking to move to small city like Silver City but here mixed things like low and high crime. Have you learned anything new?

Old 04-28-2007, 08:02 PM

271 posts, read 1,123,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
As a former NM prosecutor with several District Attorney's offices, all I can say is that crime stats don't tell the story. If you could see what I have seen . . . . The horrible things people do to people. I prosecuted juveniles in Roswell, and WHOW! They are unreal in violence and attitude. They are not at all afraid of the system and more than ready to severely injure someone if they think that will get them what they want.
Grants is bad.
Roswell is off the chart.
Las Cruces is evil.
Torch is overwhelming for such a small place.
And talking to other Dar's and ADA's it is the same everywhere.
I haven't written lately because I was traveling in New Mexico, all the way from Taos to Las Cruces. I don't live in NM but I can only tell what I read in the local newspapers. The Mayor of Santa Fe and some member of the City Council are the subjects of a Federal investigation, for taking kickbacks and money laundering. The director of the Narcotics Division in Santa Fe was video filmed by the F.B.I. while accepting bribes from drug dealers in a local hotel. Right now there is no functioning Narcotics Division in Santa Fe and the home invasions have increased to the highest level in history. In ABQ one man that had been sentenced to dead for raping a killing a woman during a home invasion, will not be executed because the State Prosecutor "forgot" for more than 90 days, to notify the State Supreme Court of his intention to request the dead penalty. Santa Fe Police Department is down to only 30 officers for the entire city. Nowhere, except in Mexico City and Rome I have observed such disregard for traffic laws by drivers. The number of DUI's is staggering.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:29 AM

271 posts, read 1,123,997 times
The story of "rapidfire" is sad, however it's the result of several things done wrongly. First of all, taking a "homeless", street, unknown person into one's home is close to committing suicide or like the guy who married a prostitute and later complained that she was unfaithful to him. Second, taking justice into your own hands was a mistake and not showing up to your probation officer (regardless of the reasons) was another one. He might be "Innocent" in his heart but "guilty" according to the Law. Once you have a police record, it's easy for anyone to "railroad" you back into jail. I don't believe he can blame NM for all his troubles, it would have brought the same results anywhere else.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:26 AM

79 posts, read 326,836 times
Default Agreed Tito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito View Post
The story of "rapidfire" is sad, however it's the result of several things done wrongly...He might be "Innocent" in his heart but "guilty" according to the Law...I don't believe he can blame NM for all his troubles, it would have brought the same results anywhere else.
Agreed!
onelilredrose

Last edited by onelilredrose; 05-01-2007 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: added more quote

Old 08-26-2007, 04:55 PM

13 posts, read 53,609 times
Default New Mexico-bad?????????

Former Army Ranger who drives Semi-Truck through NM, I just don't see all of the danger as stated. YOU folks have to visit Gary, IN or Detroit,MI you better carry at least 2 or more guns. They are dangerous places. I still think I'm going to relocate to New Mexico, low taxes, nice climate.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:18 PM

4 posts, read 16,701 times
Default All Bad ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsportsman View Post
We left New Mexico three years ago. We didnt want to raise our family there.
Roswell, Alb, Farmington, Espanola, Santa Fe, Hobbs, Carlsbad, Las Cruces, Deming, T or C, Belen, Los Lunas, Bernalillo, and Las Vegas oh yeah Raton, Portales, and Clovis also.
They are all bad.
WoW!!! I can't believe you lived in every city in NM or did you??? I'm
sure your family had a difficult time moving around so much. I always have
believed it is not so much the town you live in its the area of the city or
town you choose to have your home. If you look at the news you will see
crime in every state of the USA. I was raised in Las Vegas, and our three
daughters and they did very well. I feel the bigger the city or state you
move to the crimes are so much worse and you hear ambulances and
police sirens every minute. In Las Vegas I honestly would say once or
twice per day and not even that often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico