Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camesquibel View Post
Roswell might not be such a bad place considering all the other towns you have read about. Of course Roswell is famous for their UFO's and you will find paraphenilia in all their local stores. Roswell is a pretty town and seems a lot quieter and peaceful there. They have a military school located there and that may be the reason.
Hi - I'm considering moving to Roswell. I'm just not sure why some people are saying "not a good place". I've seen this posted several times. I'm in a small, rural, deadzone now in La. - and I'm looking for a good, safe, place to relocate. Also, I'm looking to sell my jewelry at a good flea market.
I know Roswell has a flea market. Have you been to it, do you think it's a good one?
I'm a female, 67, and I'll be staying in my RV if I relocate to Roswell, at least unless I decide to
relocate if I like Roswell. Then I may look for a place to rent. Hopefully, there is an RV park not far
from the flea market. I've been researching the ufo stuff for years, so I have interest in this. I keep hearing Roswell is boring. Any information you could give me would be helpful. Thank you,
Ann
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 05:19 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,183,515 times
You may find Roswell a step up from your part of Louisiana, but we're talking a very low step.

Roswell's flea market does exist, but it's not big by big city standards. You might do ok there, but there are probably a half-dozen better flea markets in New Mexico and a hundred better within a 500 mile radius of Roswell.

Drive through with your RV, play tourist, check out the flea market. Don't count on the info here as gospel but rather make your own decisions.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:08 PM

83 posts, read 180,356 times
Thank you all! The dilema here is not me, I will be working from home and I can do that anywhere. The dilema is my almost 16 year old. I know he will find bad peers anywhere but for example, here in Las Vegas? You don't even have to look, they are everywhere.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:36 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ig39 View Post
For a 19 year old attending college and a 16 year old that can't be that bored. How is it?
Your 19-year old should have the full college experience if he can make the grade, rather than a junior college. Send him off to Las Cruces, Albuquerque, or Portales.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:14 PM

21 posts, read 51,985 times
Yep your opinion....

Old 08-10-2010, 07:30 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolab203 View Post
Yep your opinion....
Was the OP not asking for opinions?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:10 PM

21 posts, read 51,985 times
Yes there is crime here, but what city doesn't? It's not that bad and I have never heard gun shots or seen drive by's, IMO its hocus pocus but I have only been here a year and a half so it may be better than it used to be. In regards to flea markets not much here but at the end of summer, like right about now they have a farmers market at the courthouse which is great! Ruidoso is about an hour from here and there are always flea market type things every weekend. With that in my mind Ruidoso is a great tourist town which might help your business but I would never live there. Yes there is alien stuff everywhere but its a great moneymaker here, so why not support the local economy and promote your city with it. Like the previous poster said you need to check the place out yourself and make your own decision.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:56 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,183,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolab203 View Post
Yes there is crime here, but what city doesn't? It's not that bad and I have never heard gun shots or seen drive by's
I've only heard gunshots once in my life, and that was guess where.
Well, unless you count the fourth of July.. and that was guess where.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 4,409 times
Thank you all for your replys & info. I've been busy packing and forgot to reply back til now. At this time,
I've decided not to relocate to Roswell, although I plan to visit there. Since I'm looking for a good
flea market to do as a vendor, I'll try the flea mkts. in Ruidoso since it's a tourist area, and a beautiful area. Also, do any of you know how the flea mkt. in Farmington is? I might want to try it, too?
If I find a good market in NM, I'm strongly considering buying a house or renting there. Main reason,
I've heard you don't get tornadoes or hurricanes in NM. Do you know if this is correct info.?
Here where I now live, I'm only about 45 min. from N.O. - and my RV does not have a shed over it.
That's the main reason I'm considering NM, because I've heard you don't get tornadoes or hurricanes there - and would be safer for my RV.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider225 View Post
I've heard you don't get tornadoes or hurricanes in NM. Do you know if this is correct info.?
Compared with other States, New Mexico ranks number 28 for frequency of Tornadoes. New Mexico Tornadoes

Various parts of New Mexico does get high winds at times.

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico