Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 AM

144 posts, read 228,225 times

Advertisements

if anyone hears or sees anyone trying to sell a black single shot 410 please let me know, i beleive theft of a firearm is a federal crime,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 02:25 PM

5 posts, read 10,210 times
Poncho_NM, I think I will pass on calling or e-mailing the author. I just wanted to get some locals opinions on the matter. But thanks. Oh, and thanks for your input, Joesephus. I am sorry to hear about your cabin and shotgun. I hope they catch the thief...

Old 02-08-2012, 02:51 PM

Default timberon

dont let one bad apple spoil the bunch, all in all everyone I have met has been very friendly, I think you should at least give the area a visit to check it out,

Old 02-08-2012, 07:00 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,163 times
Well that sucks, sorry that happened to you joesephus. I hope they are able to catch the thief.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:18 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Haven't heard of any break ins. Hope they find your gun josephus.

Like anywhere else in America, Timberon is not perfect with perfect people.
There are cons, skinheads, dopers, hookers and so on but these people pretty much keep to themselves. If you don't bother them, they won't bother you. Some have even moved out of Timberon and are no longer here.
So yes, they are here but they are the minority. Like Nan says, we have a very strong community with the fire dept, church, food pantry, etc. I've been here since 2007 and these are the people I hang out with. (church, food pantry and FD) Most of the people are friendly but some don't want to be bothered. In fact, in my 52 years of life, I've not met a greater bunch of people than I have here and even though we're planning on leaving Timberon for financial reasons soon, we will keep in touch with the friends here and we'll be up once a month at the water meetings (since Charlie is on the water board)
Understand that there are imperfect things and people everywhere, come for another visit. Check out these links; one of which I started a few years ago when we had a big fire here and how the people pulled together.
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-m...-timberon.html

and another one is Timberon.org

Old 02-09-2012, 12:29 PM

Default timberon

Hate to hear you are moving, you were one of the reasons we found Timberon so inviting, you always had positive things to say about area, hope Charlie can make headway with the water issues as well. You are exactly right bad folks everywhere and good folks as well. This doesnt discourage us at all, may look into a security system but thats really not that unusual anywhere. we look forward to spending as much time there as possible, hope others will come up and look the area over as well and hopefully see the beauty of the area,

Old 02-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Thanks josephus. Hope to meet you one day.
Nothing against Timberon at all. With the way the economy is getting, especially with gas getting ready to go way up this summer, we want to be closer to a town. Looks like it will probably be Ruidoso but not for sure yet.

The water issues are being looked at and worked on and it's our hope that the board can continue to do this.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:40 PM

Default timberon

will your husband continue working with water board?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 PM

Yes, for as long as we're here or close by.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:38 PM

Default water

how does a person get involved with water board?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico