Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 11:27 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesephus View Post
how does a person get involved with water board?
Goes to work for the CIA? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 06:43 AM

144 posts, read 228,236 times
I guess I was asking for that one lol

Old 02-11-2012, 07:27 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,403 times
Hahaha catman

joesephus - the water board (aka TWSD) meetings are held every 2nd Saturday of the month at the lodge. Meetings are open and community members are encouraged to attend.
Timberon bulletin board: Timberon, New Mexico - Bulletin Board

Old 02-11-2012, 11:25 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Sorry Nan, the meetings are the 3rd Saturday of the month for the water. Timberon development is the 2nd Sat. of the month. Both start at 10:00.
The website you presented seems to be an old one as it says that we have bingo with 150 jackpot. We have bingo but it's the white elephant gifts. Not allowed to play for $.

Josephus, you can get involved with the water board by coming to the meetings. Elections are held every couple of years and voted on by Timberonians or those registered to vote in NM. You also must own a piece of property here or if you don't, then play golf or use the swimming pool. As long as you're paying a fee, you can be on the board.
Most of our board members have been on the board for years. Charlie is the newbie.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:48 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,403 times
Oops, sorry about the error - thanks Cheryl

Old 02-11-2012, 06:58 PM

Default water

guess there has been a few recent water outages, hopefully nothing major??

Old 02-13-2012, 10:55 AM

11 posts, read 33,901 times
Default Expected utility costs in Timberon

Hi Timberon folks! My family is looking into buying a second home in Timberon as a weekend/vacation/future retirement home. I've browsed through this very interesting thread and others about Timberon, and you all are a wealth of information!

Would some of you be willing to share your recent average utility costs? We will likely be in a house ~1000 sq feet, and would like to get an idea of our expected costs. Trying to decide whether it'll be worth it to set up TV/internet service too as only part time residents for now.

I would appreciate any insight on things such as propane, water, electricity, TV, phone, and internet. Thank you!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:51 PM

dish cable costs me 50, telephone about 50, internet was more than i wanted to spend since just vacation place, electricity and propane depends on how often you are there i would think, have you already found a place there?

Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 PM

11 posts, read 33,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesephus View Post
have you already found a place there?
We are currently negotiating a contract on a cabin in Timberon. It's not a done deal yet, but everything is coming along well so far.

We would like to use the cabin as a weekend place, maybe every 4-6 weeks or so on average, throughout the year. Then we'd like to spend at least a week in the summer and maybe a week in the winter too, for vacation time. So I'm thinking we would not winterize, since we would like to visit periodically year-round. Therefore, we will be using propane throughout the winter, at a low level to prevent pipe freezing. Actually that's something we are trying to decide on...whether the process of winterizing would be preferable each time we left, rather than leaving the heat going. I'm not sure how involved "winterizing" is, ie would it be a big pain to "un-winterize" every time we visited on the weekend?

We're cabin rookies, thanks for the info.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:54 AM

Default winterize

from our experience we found that winterize was way to go, we go about once a month, at first we would leave heater on low but with cold temps we were using about 150 dollars worth of propane a month. what we do now is shut off the water and drain all the lines and water heater then put rv anti freeze in water traps and commodes and all is good. doesn ttake long to turn water back on when you get there and simply light the water heater. Where are yall from, where in timberon is the place you are looking at getting? Lots of good atv riding up there,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico