Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 05:12 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,163,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesephus View Post
... it would seem to be a cheaper place to live since not a lot of place to spend money.
Seems to me the OP was asking about a vacant lot on which to build, not someplace move-in ready. There is a huge difference in what is required to build from scratch, even if the basic utilities are readily available.
Much less stressful, IMO, to buy a finished place where a person can determine if it fits their needs before investing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 07:33 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesephus View Post
Song is correct, it would take a certain type person to live full time there unless you could get a job doing something around town, my wife loves the remoteness I however need at least a little interaction with people. I will say that most of the people that I have met that live there full time say they absolutely love it and wouldnt want to be anywhere else, different strokes for different folks. As far as costs other than internet I dont see a big diff in water electricity etc. actually without a mall and wal mart it would seem to be a cheaper place to live since not a lot of place to spend money. There are lots areas to exlore and if you like atv or horse riding it is a great place.
I miss the people in Timberon. They are some of the best people I know but it wasn't enough to keep us there full time. There were some of them that didn't really understand why we had to leave but they accept it. I tried my best to stay but it wasn't working out. I like being at home and I like remoteness every once in a while but I also like to be somewhere I can have options of good restaurants, entertainment, etc. We will continue to go there once a month while Charlie's on the water board and to play some golf while we're up there.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:11 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,403 times
Well the river's running now!
We got a solid 2" last night, complete with thunder and lightning.
Current Weather Conditions at Timberon Airfield, Timberon NM

The weather forecast says maybe more on Thursday. Love it!

(waving at Cheryl) Miss you too!

Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 AM

144 posts, read 228,236 times
good to hear, pray for more,

Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
Well the river's running now!
We got a solid 2" last night, complete with thunder and lightning.
Current Weather Conditions at Timberon Airfield, Timberon NM

The weather forecast says maybe more on Thursday. Love it!

(waving at Cheryl) Miss you too!

Waving back to you Nan. How did you do at the BBQ festival? I didn't make it because I had just gotten back from Missouri and didn't want to do anything for a week but stay home.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:46 AM

is the river still running, is it spring fed or just comes with the rains?

Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 AM

Cheryl - The festival was a big success, I didn't have a booth because I was on the event committee and had my hands full with that. But everyone seemed to enjoy it and the other vendors did well. The weather was perfect! I love it when a plan comes together Next year will be bigger and better!

joesephus - Just rain runoff. There's a pond down by the TWSD maintenance barn now, and I can hear the bullfrogs at night.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:39 AM

river still running?

Old 08-07-2012, 05:19 AM

4 posts, read 8,482 times
Default Living in Timberon

Yep We decided not to,turned down the contract for the property any way.It was a good deal but we have other states to look at. Grant it ,it would of been nice and for health reasons it would of been better but i decided to go back east.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:56 AM

josephus - nope, it dried up again We're getting showers on and off though and the wildflowers are finally blooming, my backyard looks pretty!

anniesway - thanks for the update, I was wondering what you decided to do. Yeah, it would be costly to build on a lot, especially since you would have to put in a septic. Good luck wherever you decide to land, and thanks for visiting Timberon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico