Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2007, 11:01 PM

115 posts, read 471,791 times

Advertisements

I wasn't sure where to introduce myself so anyways ... Hubby and I moved to Holloman AFB in Nov. 06.

I've read that some of you are in Alamo, anyone stationed on Holloman?

*Claudia*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 09:51 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,888,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.cl View Post
I wasn't sure where to introduce myself so anyways ... Hubby and I moved to Holloman AFB in Nov. 06.

I've read that some of you are in Alamo, anyone stationed on Holloman?

*Claudia*
Hi, Claudia,

Nope, not military....just a recent move from WT....I'm gradually getting the place in order, and learning where everything is...

Old 09-03-2007, 04:53 PM

Hi Cathy,

when did you move to Alamo?

Old 09-03-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Hi Cathy,

when did you move to Alamo?
I closed on July 19th, and after several back and forth trips (selling my house in Midland, etc.), I got here for good Aug 13th.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM

Sweet, so you just got here a couple of weeks ago

Did you go to the Cottonwood Festival?

Old 09-04-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Sweet, so you just got here a couple of weeks ago

Did you go to the Cottonwood Festival?
There were several things in the area that I wanted to attend, but the ole bod won out....I had no help whatsoever on this move, and I was (and still am) pretty worn out, LOL!! So I had a nice, relaxing weekend doing absolutely nothing!!

All of the festivals will come next year, and I'm looking forward to them.

I did go to the last tailgate concert of the season up at the Space Museum, though...but someone picked me up!! I enjoyed that.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:51 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,025,766 times
Claudia,
Glad you joined us here on the thread. I hope you get out and enjoy the surrounding areas. Have you been up to the Mountains yet? There is a lot to do if you look for it. I realize the area is not like where you came from, where ever it is. But try to see whats out here.
I am not military but I have many friends that are and live out there. I do go out to do my business. I just spent the week-end in Timberon and went ATV'ing for 2 days, seeing the Sacramento Mts like I have never seen them before. Will post pics later.
Hope you enjoy the area.
Jane

Old 09-04-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Claudia,
Glad you joined us here on the thread. I hope you get out and enjoy the surrounding areas. Have you been up to the Mountains yet? There is a lot to do if you look for it. I realize the area is not like where you came from, where ever it is. But try to see whats out here.
I am not military but I have many friends that are and live out there. I do go out to do my business. I just spent the week-end in Timberon and went ATV'ing for 2 days, seeing the Sacramento Mts like I have never seen them before. Will post pics later.
Hope you enjoy the area.
Jane
I bet that was fun, LOL!!!

This area does have so much to offer, and I am looking forward to exploring it at my leisure this coming year.

Right now, it's driving me nuts not to be able to locate what I need in all of these @#$%!! boxes, but that will come eventually, LOL!! I labeled, but....

I hit the Physical Therapy Center earlier this am.....what a neat facility! Their pool is just great. It's small, but it is a 25-yarder, and very pleasant--windows everywhere. I should start feeling better as I get back into my routines....and drinking more water!!

I might also get a punch card at the Family Rec Center...haven't decided yet, since the PT seems to have all I need.

Can't wait to see your pics!!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 02:28 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,353,229 times
Hi Claudia,
Welcome to NM.
I will be living in Timberon soon permanately.
Nice area and views all around. Enjoy.

Cheryl

Old 09-04-2007, 08:17 PM

Thank you guys

I've been so far to Cloudcroft, Ruidoso (Inn of the Mountain Gods), White Sands, ABQ, Santa Fe, Las Cruces and Carlsbad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico