Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 05:00 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,260,401 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling we'll be moving out here from near the Gallup area. This thread has been incredibly helpful for me also. Thanks all.
After my first year here in NM, I'd second what most have been saying. Live in ABQ and VISIT Santa Fe. Especially if you're from the East. It's more of a good fit I think.
Also, for all its many charms, Santa Fe also has a snooty factor most of ABQ does not have. And a real big division between rich and poor, not only in $$$, but also in not intermingling too much (despite the hippie-ish touchy-feely "Co-exist" reputation Santa Fe has). It's like that a lotta places, but it's REALLY like that in Santa Fe, from the vibe I got on my many visits. Just seems "gated"...both physically and also socially.
Not to mention housing costs far more and you get far less for your $$$ in Santa Fe, unless you do ridiculously well financially at your next job, I'd say ABQ all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 08:51 AM

142 posts, read 245,118 times
I am from the east and have lived in the NE part of ABQ and have done very well. I live in an apt complex that has been receptive and handles complaints well. The COL here has helped me and I'll be more ready when I retire. Definitely live in ABQ. I know kids who have graduated from La Cueva H.S. etc that have done well.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:21 AM

7,399 posts, read 19,377,969 times
If I were to live in a certain part of Albq., I would choose Rio Rancho. Been all over the Albq. area and that would be my pick. I don't know how the schools are other than my husband went to school and graduated in an Albq. school but that's been back in the 70's.
If you're working in Albq., you don't want to live in Santa Fe. Save Santa Fe for a place to visit.

Old 10-13-2018, 12:55 PM

5,749 posts, read 4,355,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldcollegealum View Post
I am from the east and have lived in the NE part of ABQ and have done very well. I live in an apt complex that has been receptive and handles complaints well. The COL here has helped me and I'll be more ready when I retire. Definitely live in ABQ. I know kids who have graduated from La Cueva H.S. etc that have done well.

I'm pretty sure she made her decision by now, seeing as this thread is 5 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico