Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:39 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times

Advertisements

YOure looking at an avg of $500 per acre here in North East NM, even cheaper at some places. www.bigcountryrealty.com has a few listed in her site and i have some listings at my office if youre interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 06:29 PM

6 posts, read 24,635 times
brian h,
i took a look at the website you recommended. i noticed that the clayton area was going to be home for a medium security detention facility. i'm not sure my wife would be crazy about that, but retirement is a long way off for us. might be interested in your other listings.
thanks for the info

Old 04-03-2007, 10:24 AM

6 posts, read 24,537 times
Splitting - if you buy a 140 acre piece, splitting means you break it up into smaller pieces (and keep one piece for yourself if you want and sell the others. In a good scenario, you could essentially get your piece for free).

Larger development - I'm talking about buying from someone that has bought a 10,000 acre ranch or whatnot and they have split it into 140 acre pieces for example. There will be other people around and some sort of structure that ensures your property isn't treated adversely if you are not there. IMHO.

If you do buy in a larger development, you need to check the regulations for the properties -- sometimes they prohibit further splitting.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
yeah, its gonna be a few miles out of town. You shouldnt really notice that its there. Its going to bring in alot of money so we should expect some good growth from it.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:21 PM

oswald,
good explanations!
i really appreciate your input.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:22 PM

brian h,
i'll try to keep an open mind.
thanks

Old 05-19-2007, 08:11 PM

22 posts, read 85,959 times
Default looking for land

heres what i need

max price 20k
at least 2 acres- with buildable land and access to electricity
i would like at least a few trees or a few rocks, not just flat land

If anyone can help i really appreciate it. This is my dream- if i find anything im buying immediateley and depending on the cost, cash is a possibility.
this is my lifes savings and i want land so i have somewhere to go when i graduate college. Thanks

Old 05-20-2007, 06:36 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhd8 View Post
heres what i need

max price 20k
at least 2 acres- with buildable land and access to electricity
i would like at least a few trees or a few rocks, not just flat land

If anyone can help i really appreciate it. This is my dream- if i find anything im buying immediateley and depending on the cost, cash is a possibility.
this is my lifes savings and i want land so i have somewhere to go when i graduate college. Thanks
You leave a lot open on where to go. Do you want a place where you can work after you finish college? You need to do a lot more research into where you want to live and work. There are any places that could fit the bill, but you have a long life ahead of you after college. You need to refine your search.
Jane

Old 06-10-2007, 05:51 PM

15 posts, read 75,439 times
Several interesting points. Caution with online land sales or periodic land auctions in larger cities. The land often turns out to be flat, bare and sometimes even unuseable. The developers count on people not going to see the parcel before closing and the lots often revert to them to sell again. The buyer is forfiets the closing costs and downpayment when they actually see what they got. In NM some particular areas to be careful of are SE of Los Lunas, East of Moriarty, some parts of Timberon, I have also seen large areas west of Alamosa Colorado that were divided and sold this way. Twenty years on and stil almost no one living or building there.
Second point- In Nm as long as the parcel size is 140 acres or more there are little state requirements. If you subdivide that piece into several parcels and sell them individually many laws having to do with water, sewers, roads, etc are applicable.
Thirdly- It may be hard to imagine the changes that can happen in 10 year let alone 20 plus. If you are clear this is a gamble that may not pay off check the website for county back taxes land sales. State of NM, Taxation and revenue, property tax division. Some great deals in the areas I mentioned at the top and the may pan out. It seems that Timberon is catching on now but about 70 properties were listed on the tax sale last month for prices as low as 300 per acre. Good Luck

Old 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM

385 posts, read 1,555,723 times
It is best to look now for property as NM (probably like lots of places) is growing and land is becoming quite valuable. As mentioned, the I-25 corridor or the I-40 east of Albuquerque is a good place to start. Quemado is beautiful (the hwy 60 corridor) as are any places along that stretch. I own quite a bit of land which I have purchased in the last three years and most of it has doubled in price. There are a lot of Arizonans and Californians looking east for the same thing you are. I have dealt with one company now that I think highly of and they are selling land up north and east of Wagon Mound but it can be cold up there. Contact me and I will give you their name as I have found them to be reputable. Here is one thing to remember about NM. It has a population of about 2 million people living in the fifth largest state in the union. That translates to lots of places to live for those of us who still like to see stars at night and an endless sky during the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico