Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2007, 08:50 AM

3 posts, read 8,350 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to NM and want to settle in the Edgewood area. I would like to know if there is or will be soon (in 1 to 2 years) cable/broadband/Voice Over Internet Phone service in Edgewood and the surrounding area. I would not care normally but my job requires me to live in an area that I can get High Speed Broadband and VOIP service. If not here are there any similar communities that have these services available.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 12:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,798 times
Smile Satellite Internet

Ken -I'm a WildBlue Authorized Provider/Certified Installer and I service the Edgewood area. WildBlue doesn't presently support VOIP and I don't know if they ever will, but high speed satellite internet is sure an option for the rural areas. Visit my website www.nmwildblue.com if you would like further info. BTW, I have just applied for a dealership with another satellite provider that claims to support VOIP. We shall see.

Last edited by tBd49; 12-09-2007 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: link redo

Old 12-09-2007, 05:47 PM

18 posts, read 95,138 times
I live in Edgewood and currently have DSL through Qwest, the local phone service. I believe they offer VOIP but I'm not sure if they offer it in this area. Vonage does though.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Cable/Broadband/VOIP In Edgewood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tBd49 View Post
Ken -I'm a WildBlue Authorized Provider/Certified Installer and I service the Edgewood area. WildBlue doesn't presently support VOIP and I don't know if they ever will, but high speed satellite internet is sure an option for the rural areas. Visit my website www.nmwildblue.com if you would like further info. BTW, I have just applied for a dealership with another satellite provider that claims to support VOIP. We shall see.
As soon as you have a service the will support VOIP I would be interested.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingmaybe View Post
I live in Edgewood and currently have DSL through Qwest, the local phone service. I believe they offer VOIP but I'm not sure if they offer it in this area. Vonage does though.
Thank you for that info. I have Vonage now in Wisconsin and would like to keep it.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:00 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,906,196 times
Default High speed internet in Edgewood

I am getting tired of my dialup and am comparing my options out here. Comcast does not run up to my neigborhood and I am not waiting on Qwest to put DSL here either.

I have it down to Higher Speed Internet (a local provider) and a mobile broadband pc card with service from one of the cell carriers (we have ATT/Cingular for our cell phones so most likely them - though Cricket seems cheapest I don't think they have coverage in the E Mtns). The other satellite internet services are just too pricey.

Anyone have any reviews on the speed/service/coverage of these options? I prefer the mobile broadand idea because I could take the laptop anywhere but not if it is seriously slower than sticking a dish on my roof.

Or, is there another option I have not thought of? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico