Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2014, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,441 times

Advertisements

I am using the Emjoi Micropedi to smooth my heels now. It is faster that other methods and safer than the Dremel tool! I hate moisturizing, that is my problem, but I sometimes use whatever barrier cream is handy, like Eucerin cream, after washing, and avoid tracking greasy footprints all over my tile. It is very dry where I currently live, and I hate shoes. I have earned my foot troubles!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 05:44 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,741,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Shea butter. I use New Mexico Soap's bedside jar, one jar will last for months even with daily application. Its the best thing I've found and I have it bad. I was hesitant at first because it seemed pricey but it only takes a fraction of a teaspoon per application. I've been using the same 8.95 jar since May, almost daily.

Shea Butter from New Mexico Soap, Soap Central for Dry Skin Soap, Dish Soap and Body or Face Soap, Advanced Skin Care, Shea Butter
I stumbled on this post last week and decided to take the plunge. I don't find it pricey btw.

OMG this stuff is awesome. After shower I moisturized with this, what a difference.

I had worn black leggings yesterday and usually no matter what I used on my legs at night, when I removed the leggings it looked like there was a blizzard on the insides with all the dead white skin cells. Last night not a speck, no dryness, no itching..stuff is wonderfull

Old 12-07-2014, 10:32 PM

180 posts, read 457,380 times
Curious if anyone else has ordered this as well. Sounds like it works!

Old 12-10-2014, 03:26 AM

19 posts, read 26,819 times
Olive Oil.!
Extra virgin. About a cup of it in a small bucket
If warm water. Soak for about 15mins.
DO NOT rinse off. Pat dry.

Or

Brush on the Olive Oil and stick your feet in a plastic
Shopping bag each for 15mins , then rinse off with
Mild or baby shampoo as the other shampoo or soap
Will tend to over dry your skin.

***If your feet are so cracked they hurt: do not apply
ANY chemicals to your skin until it heals. Olive Oil is all
Natural and you can use heat to toe.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:57 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,298,375 times
Good gawd...

just rub a dime sized pat of shea butter on your heels twice or thrice a day and walk away. It takes 30 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLoves View Post
Olive Oil.!
Extra virgin. About a cup of it in a small bucket
If warm water. Soak for about 15mins.
DO NOT rinse off. Pat dry.

Or

Brush on the Olive Oil and stick your feet in a plastic
Shopping bag each for 15mins , then rinse off with
Mild or baby shampoo as the other shampoo or soap
Will tend to over dry your skin.

***If your feet are so cracked they hurt: do not apply
ANY chemicals to your skin until it heals. Olive Oil is all
Natural and you can use heat to toe.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:27 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,158,235 times
Great suggestions here. Yup we all dry up here. Try putting a good amount of the cream, lotion, Vaseline, whatever on, your feet before bedtime and put on socks (maybe thicker, cotton ones). Also once healed, do file off the dead skin around heals and soles when it starts to get rough. You might also try periodic (weekly?) foot soaks with Johnson's foot soap powder or similar.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:50 PM

236 posts, read 370,861 times
Ped Egg - found at Walgreens. It really works and does not cause bleeding or injuries.

Then follow with Gold Bond foot cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: