Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 12:13 AM

142 posts, read 731,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j
Crime in Jacksonville by Year

Type 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003
Murders 83 79 75 90 92

This is the research I found on Jacksonville,Florida--this is far from the 300 you mentioned, you must have been high on something to view a murder evernight on the news..
I agree with your numbers.

I forgot to mention the dates that I was residing there, 1988 - 1990. Sorry about that.

BTW - you missed the point I was attempting to make.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:23 PM

18 posts, read 117,397 times
Default thanks to pessimists, optimists, and realists

i just wanted to thank all of the people who have responded to my posts. we are going to abq in a couple of weeks and will keep all of you in mind. i like to hear any information, no matter how negative or positive it may be. i hope it is not as bad as some say. in the meantime, i will keep reading this. thanks all!

becca

Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 PM

28 posts, read 196,570 times
I am just sitting in my chair getting the biggest kick out of this whole line of commentary. Life is such a relative experience. When my husband and I moved to Florida, we moved into a desirable neighborhood in a quiant little town where crime and hate and destruction seemed so very far away. Within 2 years we were joking with friends from where we had moved from, in Colorado, about the FACT that 3 separate murders had taken place all within shouting distance of our home!!
There is crime every where there are more than two people. We are such a surly and incredibly amazing species in just how much we can hate and hurt each other.
Perhaps I am naive, and that is just fine for me, but I believe it all starts with each single solitary one of us. Do you hate? Or are you kind?

Old 04-30-2006, 02:07 AM

368 posts, read 1,329,917 times
Well New Mexico isnt the 7th most dangerous state in the country because everyone is so nice here. There is alot of crime for a state that has so few people. In 2001(I think it was) New Mexico was the #1 most dangerous state.
I've seen people shot, Ive had my apartment and cars borken into, I've had guns pulled on me, I seen a drive by shooting in front of my house,and I seen an armed robbery of a convience store and thats just in a town of 12,000 people over the past couple years. and dont drink the water in Eastern New Mexico it stains your teeth a brownish yellow color.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:53 PM

3 posts, read 13,817 times
First, thank u Informer for clarifying my point. Also, its New Yorker Chick, not Guy. 2ndly, despite the disparaging opinions, I still feel safer strolling the streets here at night than in NY. Here people are friendly, they say please and thank u, hold doors open, the clerks smile at u at the register and ask if u found everything ok, instead of throwing ur change in ur face while u bag everything urself and dont even THINK about getting help to ur car. This place has been great for me. I didnt even know how angry I was till i moved here and saw the way its supposed to be. there will always be bad apples wherever u go, but comparatively, this place is wonderful. for those who disagree, i strongly suggest u take a vacation in the south bronx. then i dare u to come back and bash this place.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:22 AM

142 posts, read 731,796 times
Arrow To slarkyy -

"First, thank u Informer for clarifying my point. Also, its New Yorker Chick, not Guy."

Sorry about the gender mix up - I was quoting councilor j.

You made some very good points. New york is a pretty rough area but there are still some great people up there.

BTW ur welcome.

Informer...

Old 05-07-2006, 02:47 PM

3 posts, read 13,817 times
Hi Informer,
Yes, there are good people there, after all, Im from there ;>D

Old 08-28-2006, 12:51 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I have visited Albuquerque several times over the years, and have yet to have a bad experience there. Any city that big is going to have areas in it that are a drag; Fort Worth certainly does. But Alb isn't especially horrible in that respect, as far as I'm concerned. You can be unlucky (or make your own bad luck) anywhere. I'm thinking of moving there, or to one of the smaller towns nearby, like Moriarty or Bernalillo.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:56 PM

3 posts, read 9,908 times
Default Personally, I loved it there

I lived in NM for 6 years, left last year. I lived in Rio Rancho, worked in Abq for 4 years and then Santa Fe. Its a beautiful state, I thought the people were great and oh how I miss the mountains and the red chile.....and the culture is wonderful, its so high on my list of great places!!

Old 09-01-2006, 11:42 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Ive been to Abq many times and not had a problem, alot of the cops ive talked to talk negatively about it, but theyre in the thick of crime anyway, what else can you expect. Ive found all the locals there pretty nice and approachable.

Just wanted to add the water over here is fine and wont turn your teeth brown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico