Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:19 AM

49 posts, read 105,798 times

Advertisements

I like the solitude.
The ability to find a beautiful secluded spot, sit back, and listen to the wind blowing through the Pinyon Trees for hours on end.
It's getting harder and harder now days, to find solitude like that.
Especially near most urban areas.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:21 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,367,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboneair View Post
I like the solitude.
The ability to find a beautiful secluded spot, sit back, and listen to the wind blowing through the Pinyon Trees for hours on end.
It's getting harder and harder now days, to find solitude like that.
Especially near most urban areas.
With what is happening with the drought patterns the last few years, it's even getting more difficult to find piñon trees in some places . . .

Old 11-09-2012, 10:10 AM

9 posts, read 14,167 times
Here's something I hate about NM:

Breaking Bad is more of a reality show down here than an action/drama.

Seriously, it's bad. I have thought long and hard about what can be viewed as "nice" or enticing about NM, I draw a blank. I have lived here 34 years, and part of my life was int he south valley *SHUDDER*
When I moved to the NE heights I thought it would be better, NOPE same scum just less tan. Among the many undesirable traits of this state is the following:
1.) Lax laws for sex offenders
2.) Licenses for illegals (ALL ILLEGALS)
3.) DUI capital of the country
4.) More and more signs/billboards are now in Spanish
5.) Meth/heroin HUGE industry here
6.) EVERYTHING is brown. (Adobe colored brown)
7.) Lot's of corruption in government (I know that's a given evil everywhere)
8.) Rude people.
9.) HUGE discrepancy between have and have not. (I.E. minimum wage Albuquerque: $8.50, Santa Fe: $10.24 highest in the country)
10.) Not kid friendly, there are LOTS of parks, but few smaller kid friendly places. You have the zoo/aquarium, a natural history museum, Explora (science, physics). Though these places are nice, that's it. Considering how little we make here, stuff can be very expensive.

As for what's good here's that list:
1.) Open roads, not a lot of trees and stuff (Unless you head more north)
2.) Some awesome skiing
3.) SUNSHINE (Not my favorite thing)

Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,037,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogre View Post
Simply false. Google is your friend if you'd like to find the facts.

Quote:
10.) Not kid friendly, there are LOTS of parks, but few smaller kid friendly places. You have the zoo/aquarium, a natural history museum, Explora (science, physics). Though these places are nice, that's it. Considering how little we make here, stuff can be very expensive.
Disagree. We seem to always find something for our 3 year old to do. Every weekend we are busy with him.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,674,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogre View Post
Here's something I hate about NM:

Breaking Bad is more of a reality show down here than an action/drama.

Seriously, it's bad. I have thought long and hard about what can be viewed as "nice" or enticing about NM, I draw a blank. I have lived here 34 years, and part of my life was int he south valley *SHUDDER*
When I moved to the NE heights I thought it would be better, NOPE same scum just less tan. Among the many undesirable traits of this state is the following:
1.) Lax laws for sex offenders

This is common in a lot of states

2.) Licenses for illegals (ALL ILLEGALS)

Everywhere

False

4.) More and more signs/billboards are now in Spanish

Ok and.....

5.) Meth/heroin HUGE industry here

Drugs are a huge problem across the US

6.) EVERYTHING is brown. (Adobe colored brown)

Lol....alright

7.) Lot's of corruption in government (I know that's a given evil everywhere)

Have you seen the Federal Govt lately?

8.) Rude people.
9.) HUGE discrepancy between have and have not. (I.E. minimum wage Albuquerque: $8.50, Santa Fe: $10.24 highest in the country)

Its actually quite cheap compared to other cities

As for what's good here's that list:
1.) Open roads, not a lot of trees and stuff (Unless you head more north)
2.) Some awesome skiing
3.) SUNSHINE (Not my favorite thing)
Even your good stuff has negative spins on them.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:48 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,514,065 times
The Original Poster started this thread a little over six years ago and has not been with us for over four years.

We have over 300 posts of replies, some good replies, informative, with individuals opinions. Some not so good posts, some with hate, some with questionable motives, some just off topic, rambling etc.

I think it is time to put this thread to rest...

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-29-2015 at 02:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico