Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:03 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,425,578 times

Advertisements

As well, as trying to sell it, my classified ad has maps on it so others can look up their own property:

//www.city-data.com/forum/class...-sunshine.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,954 times
Hi, we have had this property for years and wondering what it looks like
Deming, Ranchettes
unit 87 block 6 tract16
anyone near that?

Old 11-28-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Jackson View Post
Hi, we have had this property for years and wondering what it looks like
Deming, Ranchettes
unit 87 block 6 tract16
anyone near that?
Deming Ranchettes Unit 87 block 2

Old 01-04-2016, 04:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,799 times
Hello everyone- I've read almost this whole thread and find it very interesting. what i find most interesting is that it starts right before the real estate collapse of 2008 and everyone was talking about retiring here. I too fall into the category that my grandfather bought a half acre ( unit 18 block 24 tract 6 ). I do not know what to do with it now. the way i see it I have four options:
1. Nothing- let the county repo it and auction it off
2. Pay the back taxes on it and keep it
3. buy the adjoining parcels and maybe build
4. sell my property to one of the naighbors.

Luna county has an awesome interactive map and you can now find out who the adjoining neighbors are. [url=http://parcels.lunacountynm.opendata.arcgis.com]Home | Luna County[/url] just search for the owner # or just by property owner name.

I'm also wondering what people are doing with their properties now? selling, buying, building? or is there a way to use them as a tax write off? Thanks

Old 02-16-2016, 05:00 PM

471 posts, read 977,129 times
You need to check the local codes..I think there was a law passed that 1/2 acres were not buildable any more and no septic or wells were allowed on them. I think there might be a 2 acre minimum to build..I would check with the county and see who owns the lots next to you and make them an offer. Nice hot and dry place, and there are much worse places to end up than there..

Old 04-14-2016, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,510 times
My parents also bought two lots in Demings ranchettes in the 60's. We own unit 112 and two lots. Does anyone have any pitcures of this desert. From what I understand unless you build your own septic system, you must have two acres.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,408 times
I am looking at lots in unit 5 close to Rockhound State Park. Does anyone have any information on this area?

Old 08-18-2019, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,193 times
It appears my MIL wants to deed over her ranchette lots near Deming, NM. From all the prior messages I have read and researched online, this seems like the hangover of a long-ago real estate scam. I even found the sales advertisement that was used in the 60's, selling 1/2 acre lots for $300.

Looks like she simply owns dirt, in the middle of nowhere, with migrant and drug-runner problems. If you look on realtor.com, you find many similar or same lots going for $300 per 1/2 acre. So you can apparently buy more, for the same price as 50 years ago.

Thinking I can possibly let the county take these back?

Old 08-19-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pye-W View Post
It appears my MIL wants to deed over her ranchette lots near Deming, NM. From all the prior messages I have read and researched online, this seems like the hangover of a long-ago real estate scam. I even found the sales advertisement that was used in the 60's, selling 1/2 acre lots for $300.

Looks like she simply owns dirt, in the middle of nowhere, with migrant and drug-runner problems. If you look on realtor.com, you find many similar or same lots going for $300 per 1/2 acre. So you can apparently buy more, for the same price as 50 years ago.

Thinking I can possibly let the county take these back?
Just stop paying the taxes and some EBay people will buy them at the county delinquent tax auction and sell them to people like me for inflated transfer rates. I have 4 acres in Sunshine Valley Ranchettes and I pay roughly $120 a year to know that I own land outright. Don't know the exact area that you are talking about, but you are very close on the description: dirt in the middle of nowhere.

How many lots does she have?

Old 03-23-2022, 07:02 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,282,644 times
How much are you paying for someone to take title?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico