Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 07:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtledove53 View Post
I live in the Rio Grande estates area in northern Soccoro County. I have 2 acres which have a good pipe fence all the way around and my own well and electricity. I have a single wide on it and have started to build a house. I have a 16 x 16 shop on it as well as a 14x24 metal building. I also have a few trees on it that are doing well. I would like to sell this place so that I can move closer to my grandkids in TX. If you are interested in knowing more about it, please email me at "annie.prouse at gmail.com"
just thought you would like to know, the OP was on line about a year and 1/2 ago, I am sure they have made a move by now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,926 times
Default i need help

hi, i bought a 1/4 acre land lot about 2 years ago in rio comunity. well i never seen it or been to new mexico. so i just wanted to ask, what is it like out there, my lot is in an undeveloped areas i think. is it safe out there? im planning on moving there soon to build a small house. what should i expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deany View Post
I have just moved to Rio Community June of 2007, I am originally from Wisoconsin..
Rio Community is a pretty good place to live, if you do not like the big cities.. When I moved here there weren't too many houses for sale.. I had looked in Los Lunas but at that time houses were only on the market for a week.. They problem with Los Lunas is that the house are too close together, you can stick your arms out and pretty much touch houses. Los Lunas is closer to Albuquerque. Being from the Midwest the things I am disapointed with is the amount of trash, While the rest of the Country is going green it doesn't seem parts of this state are on board.. I really love my house, getting use to the culture here is the hardest part, but I am finally getting use to it.. I have met alot people that have moved here from Wisconsin and California.. Well if you have more questions, please ask, I will try and answer them.. You will get a staight forward answer.. Rio Grande is just down the road from Rio Community don't know much about it other than they have an acre or more of land. I haven't heard anything bad about it.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:52 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,932,848 times
I thought it was interested that the artist Judy Chicago lived there. Anyway, interesting write-up in the Alibi about that:

AltWeeklies.com | Weekly Alibi | What's a Feminist Like You Doing in a Place Like This?

(I guess Judy Chicago isn't a household name, but I think her "Dinner Party" piece is one of the more iconic works of art of the last fifty years--erm, not that I really follow art very closely.)

Old 03-22-2011, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,493 times
We just spent several days in Belen looking at property my father purchased about 40 years ago in the Rio Grande Estates.

Belen is a small town. Everyone one we met there was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the lots in Rio Grande Estates are not worth much at this time. We were unable to identify the exact location of the property Dad bought, as there are only a few dirt roads. We saw only a two road signs in the Rio Grande Estates area. The names on the road signs did not match the names of the roads on the map given to my Dad at the time of the sale.

Information given to us by the county employees and a clerk at our motel made it clear that many, many people (hundreds to thousands) have been trying to get information about building on or selling the lots in the Rio Grande estates "developement."

There were two homes in the area that may have been part of the Rio Grande Estates, but we did not try to contact the owners. We thought they have probably been bothered by the hundreds to thousands of people trying to identify their own lots.

We agreed that Belen and the surrounding areas are great places to visit, and depending on the work and medical help available, probably would be great places to live.

Too bad about the many people who lost money on the Rio Grande Estates deal.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,401 times
I'm retired from Ohio and looking at a house on the golf course. It seems to be a few miles east of Belen. How's the crime out that way?

Old 01-24-2020, 03:10 AM

1 posts, read 525 times
Speaking of purchasing land in and around Belen, I noticed they sell with a special warranty deed. Is this being done bc nothing is out there? Or do these properties have liens (against what idk)? It appears the previous owners are actually the original owners (1st nations) so would there be possible legal issues tied to these pieces of acreage?
This will be my first land purchase so the reason for using this type of deed muddies the waters from my perspective all help is appreciated thank you.

Old 01-24-2020, 08:29 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeblack View Post
Speaking of purchasing land in and around Belen, I noticed they sell with a special warranty deed. Is this being done bc nothing is out there? Or do these properties have liens (against what idk)? It appears the previous owners are actually the original owners (1st nations) so would there be possible legal issues tied to these pieces of acreage?
This will be my first land purchase so the reason for using this type of deed muddies the waters from my perspective all help is appreciated thank you.

Special Warranty Deed Definition
By Julia Kagan
Updated May 2, 2019

What Is a Special Warranty Deed?

A special warranty deed is a deed to real estate where the seller of the property—known as the grantor—warrants only against anything that occurred during their physical ownership. In other words, the grantor doesn't guarantee against any defects in clear title that existed before they took possession of the property.

You might read the entire article: From: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s...ranty-deed.asp

Old 01-24-2020, 09:54 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,785,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Special Warranty Deed Definition
By Julia Kagan
Updated May 2, 2019

What Is a Special Warranty Deed?

A special warranty deed is a deed to real estate where the seller of the property—known as the grantor—warrants only against anything that occurred during their physical ownership. In other words, the grantor doesn't guarantee against any defects in clear title that existed before they took possession of the property.

You might read the entire article: From: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s...ranty-deed.asp
Yeah, it is on the title company to find those defects or clouds in title. That's why the grantee is required to buy title insurance prior to taking possession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico