Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2016, 01:29 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,174,956 times

Advertisements

I'm finding out there is a serious lack of not only home hospice and home health care in rural New Mexico but now finding no medical transport services either. Med transport here is limited to those on Medicaid. My husband has bone cancer and now a broken hip/femur. I can't drive. Anybody else on this forum run in a rural area running into this problem? Did you find a solution? I'm thinking about asking the rancher down the road to clear out his horse trailer so we can transport my husband!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 06:34 PM

25 posts, read 41,425 times
There is a recent cancer awareness resource & education guide 2016 that was in the New Mexican.perhaps they could send to you .
I noticied a couple things that may be helpful for you: American cancer society Cancer.org/drive
A phone # of 505-262-6016 ( Shirelle B. ).programs also include local hotel stays for those traveling.
Other resource is Cancer Foundation of NM 505 9557931 ext 3

I reside in Santa Fe, just diagnosed. I think above folks will be able to help you more.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:26 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by visiting14 View Post
There is a recent cancer awareness resource & education guide 2016 that was in the New Mexican.perhaps they could send to you .
I noticied a couple things that may be helpful for you: American cancer society Cancer.org/drive
A phone # of 505-262-6016 ( Shirelle B. ).programs also include local hotel stays for those traveling.
Other resource is Cancer Foundation of NM 505 9557931 ext 3

I reside in Santa Fe, just diagnosed. I think above folks will be able to help you more.
No luck for me with these resources but maybe your info will help those who live in a city.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:59 AM

25 posts, read 41,425 times
The counties that are listed under some of the Cancer Foundation info are: Santa Fe,rio Arriba,,taos,los alamos,colfax,mora, San Miguel, union , Harding. I suspect also that programs under the American Cancer Society are statewide.

Ie. It's the folks outside any city that need and may be provided hotel stays etc while/ for their med. treatments
Check it all out as these agencies would likely have relevant info for those in rural areas.

What I have observed i after 25 years(yeaks) in mostly Santa Fe (county) is the incredible amount of folks involved in volunteerism in one of many non profits or many. Not to go off topic for too long, I think many people move here to Santa Fe and it isn't all glossy living that it's made out to be. Many people get very involved with volunteering for big and small non profits and concerns of such,be it delivering food or being a hospice visitor, or animal welfare. And there can be simply a unspoken willingness and good heartedness where some serious miles and efforts occur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico