Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 03:04 PM

212 posts, read 373,152 times

Advertisements

Trump complained at length about chain migration, but was more than happy to use it to get his wife's parents here. Trumpers are for the most part blatant hypocrites when it comes to immigration issues.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phydeaux3 View Post
It would be one thing if it was only "poor people just looking for a better life." But it isn't.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national...t-time/384155/

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...sing-us-border

https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...pen-us-border/

https://dmlnews.com/video-texas-bord...ons-countries/

https://nypost.com/2019/04/09/immigr...trol-official/

I tried to give a variety of sources because I know the answer will be "that's fake news." And not all of those are through the border, but most are. That's why one or two say 75 countries and others say 50. I don't care if it's 3 If they're from hostile countries and they're sneaking in, they're invaders whether you like to call them that or not.

You posted a link to Breitbart, a media site than has a story tag for "Black Crime". How can you possibly call that an objective and unbiased source?

Old 04-10-2019, 05:10 PM

138 posts, read 147,415 times
Your chart stops at 2014. Go look for actual links of things the CBP has said more recently about the huge uptick in border apprehensions this year. Last year, too. And some show it started in 2016. While you're at it, you can probably find where they went down some last year, then took off again.

I guess maybe those invaders form 75 or 50 or 1000 or 6 non-latin different countries aren't really happening. I guess those thousands of people in caravans (plural, not just one caravan), many of whom break away and try to sneak through elsewhere when they get stopped on the other side of the border, are really just big parades of friendship and love. I suppose the border patrol firing tear gas at people who were throwing rocks while breaking through not too log ago (broadcast all over CNNNBCABCCBSMSNBCBBCNYTWAPONPR) didn't really happen. I suppose the fact CBP is working with cities to try to find more space to keep all of the children being caught is just a myth. I guess reports by CBP that some of the apprehensions at the border were ISIS members is baloney.

https://saraacarter.com/border-patro...liens-in-2018/

Quote:
As for 2018, the numbers are significant, say law enforcement officials. Roughly 1500 Special Interest Aliens were apprehended by Border Patrol agents in 2018, according to one former and current senior law enforcement official. In 2011, the number of SIAs apprehended by Border Patrol agents were just over 600.
A little further down:

Quote:
The Panamanian government tracks SIAs through a Biometric records system. Foreigners entering Panama are put into the system, which is located throughout various checkpoints in the country. That system has resulted in the enrollment of 33,000 individuals, mainly traveling to the U.S. illegally, from Fiscal Year 2011 to Fiscal Year 2018. Of those individuals recorded, 25,000 have been deemed Special Interest Aliens and roughly 8,000 have had a criminal history.
If you read the article, it's clear "special interest alien" is not a poor, hapless Honduran trying to sneak through to pick tomatoes. They didn't mention ISIS specifically there, but they have before.

25,000 passing through Panama. They aren't there now. Where are they? How many have been caught and how many slipped through?

This one is 2015:

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...eel-cylinders/

And another 2018:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-mexico-border

It's all out there. You won't find it on the MSM because they support the people who support unregulated immigration. But a few minutes' work is all it takes.

Even some of the two-faced Democrats are starting to make sounds about illegal immigration being a problem.

As for legal immigration, I agree with what I saw earlier about that being a big problem. Maybe bigger, maybe not. But it's a problem. Usually those are expired visas, overstays and deliberately avoiding return to home countries. That also needs to be tackled.

We've taken timeouts in this country before to allow people to settle in and assimilate. Now we're being overrun so fast (primarily by "refugees") that almost nobody assimilates any more. Go to Detroit, Dearborn, Minneapolis and parts of most larger cities and you'll see the effect. The border is one path for those who can't slip in other ways.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:26 PM

9,391 posts, read 20,892,861 times
Quote:
Your chart stops at 2014. Go look for actual links of things the CBP has said more recently about the huge uptick in border apprehensions this year. Last year, too. And some show it started in 2016. While you're at it, you can probably find where they went down some last year, then took off again.

I guess maybe those invaders form 75 or 50 or 1000 or 6 non-latin different countries aren't really happening. I guess those thousands of people in caravans (plural, not just one caravan), many of whom break away and try to sneak through elsewhere when they get stopped on the other side of the border, are really just big parades of friendship and love. I suppose the border patrol firing tear gas at people who were throwing rocks while breaking through not too log ago (broadcast all over CNNNBCABCCBSMSNBCBBCNYTWAPONPR) didn't really happen. I suppose the fact CBP is working with cities to try to find more space to keep all of the children being caught is just a myth. I guess reports by CBP that some of the apprehensions at the border were ISIS members is baloney.

https://saraacarter.com/border-patro...liens-in-2018/

A little further down:

If you read the article, it's clear "special interest alien" is not a poor, hapless Honduran trying to sneak through to pick tomatoes. They didn't mention ISIS specifically there, but they have before.

25,000 passing through Panama. They aren't there now. Where are they? How many have been caught and how many slipped through?

This one is 2015:

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...eel-cylinders/

And another 2018:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-mexico-border

It's all out there. You won't find it on the MSM because they support the people who support unregulated immigration. But a few minutes' work is all it takes.

Even some of the two-faced Democrats are starting to make sounds about illegal immigration being a problem.

As for legal immigration, I agree with what I saw earlier about that being a big problem. Maybe bigger, maybe not. But it's a problem. Usually those are expired visas, overstays and deliberately avoiding return to home countries. That also needs to be tackled.

We've taken timeouts in this country before to allow people to settle in and assimilate. Now we're being overrun so fast (primarily by "refugees") that almost nobody assimilates any more. Go to Detroit, Dearborn, Minneapolis and parts of most larger cities and you'll see the effect. The border is one path for those who can't slip in other ways.
We had a 40 year time out on immigration, and that is not uncommon. I am for immigration, but just like my great-great grandparents had to apply and come in legally, I stand that this way as well. It's quite simple, just apply. I am also for rescinding the 1965 Hart-Celler Act, and for restoration of bringing in best qualified immigrants that can contribute to our economy, like Australia does.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:51 PM

5,668 posts, read 6,629,439 times
Quote:
Tell me what the trend is. In the 80s to early 2000s we had 1M or more apprehensions per year. Lately we've had 3-500k. In spite of many more agents at the border!

Old 04-11-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
?? What the hell does this have to do with anything?

It very nicely highlights the hypocrisy of your side. If Melania Trump herself was held to the standards that your ilk puts forth, she would NEVER have gotten here.

Old 04-11-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
?? What the hell does this have to do with anything?

You said you were for "bringing in best qualified immigrants that can contribute to our economy". Does Melania Trump meet that standard? Also, Trump has complained at length about chain migration, a sentiment that his base has dutifully echoed, but then not a word was said against Melania Trump's parents chain-migrating here. Pure hypocrisy.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:13 PM

9,391 posts, read 20,892,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGabe View Post
It very nicely highlights the hypocrisy of your side. If Melania Trump herself was held to the standards that your ilk puts forth, she would NEVER have gotten here.
I really don't follow individuals. I don't know anything about her. And the only side I am is what's best for the country. I don't have any side, what a tribal term.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I really don't follow individuals. I don't know anything about her. And the only side I am is what's best for the country. I don't have any side, what a tribal term.

What an obvious and transparent attempt to avoid addressing the hypocrisy and contradiction.

Old 04-11-2019, 04:59 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,962,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGabe View Post
Latinos are perfectly capable of being Trumpers, there are lots of them in El Paso as a matter of fact.
Read the entire thread which I was replying to, rather than guess what the subject mater was.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico