Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 05:04 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,811,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGabe View Post
What did Melania Trump contribute to our society besides a bunch of slutty pictures?
Why don't you stay on topic? Which is "New Mexico Gov: Trump ‘Militarizing the Border’ — ‘Stoking Fear’ with ‘Racist’ Rhetoric"

This thread has nothing to do with "slutty pictures"

Old 04-12-2019, 09:38 AM

138 posts, read 146,043 times
Quote:
What did Melania Trump contribute to our society besides a bunch of slutty pictures?

Melania came with a job and a visa. Whether you call anything she did a contribution or not, she didn't come as a burden on the society.

I may or may not think any other person coming here is contributing. But if they're arriving the legal way all I can do is express dissatisfaction. They're doing it the right way, whether or not I like the reason(s) for it. Which means they apply, get vetted and are given access.

Slipping through a hole in a fence or riding in the bed of a coyote's truck or hiding in a shipping box aren't doing it the right way. No matter how much virtue-signalling you try to apply.

As for chain migration, I think it should be stopped. Were her parents brought as part of chain migration, or did they migrate on their own. There's a difference. One is to migrate as a dependent of a resident. The other is to migrate with the intent of caring for your own needs. I honestly don't know which is the case. But I also don't think we can change the rules and send everybody back even if they were chain migrants. What we can do is put a stop to it. But those who already benefited lucked out and get to stay.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:33 PM

212 posts, read 371,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Why don't you stay on topic? Which is "New Mexico Gov: Trump ‘Militarizing the Border’ — ‘Stoking Fear’ with ‘Racist’ Rhetoric"

This thread has nothing to do with "slutty pictures"
I'm addressing Trumps's rhetoric, which is precisely on topic per the name of the thread.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:36 PM

212 posts, read 371,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phydeaux3 View Post
Melania came with a job and a visa. Whether you call anything she did a contribution or not, she didn't come as a burden on the society.

I may or may not think any other person coming here is contributing. But if they're arriving the legal way all I can do is express dissatisfaction. They're doing it the right way, whether or not I like the reason(s) for it. Which means they apply, get vetted and are given access.

Slipping through a hole in a fence or riding in the bed of a coyote's truck or hiding in a shipping box aren't doing it the right way. No matter how much virtue-signalling you try to apply.

As for chain migration, I think it should be stopped. Were her parents brought as part of chain migration, or did they migrate on their own. There's a difference. One is to migrate as a dependent of a resident. The other is to migrate with the intent of caring for your own needs. I honestly don't know which is the case. But I also don't think we can change the rules and send everybody back even if they were chain migrants. What we can do is put a stop to it. But those who already benefited lucked out and get to stay.
I was directly addressing the hypocrisy of another poster regarding their view on who qualifies to be here - my point stands and it was a valid one.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:26 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,206,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Dem outrage? I would hope that could be classified as decent person outrage. Shoot to kill poor people just looking for a better life. You guys are just peachy!

When I lived in Jersey I was bitter and angry too. All those damn people, legal or not, ruin the place. I got the hell out of that cesspool. Come out here for a vacation (and see the border how it really is in the process instead of the nightmarish fiction you've been told to believe) @atgss and you can chill out some too. Get a more positive outlook on life and learn not to be so scared of everything.

It's not for that poor person looking for a better life, it's that "criminal" that really comes to mind. As you know we do have laws and just coming into the USA as an illegal is wrong and then the taxpayer foots the bill plus in some cases their life.

Yeah although NJ does have some good things going for it, many now are bitter because of the current governor (who I didn't vote for) and his loving for the taxpayer to foot the illegals' bills as our homestead rebates have been cut in half since for that reason. Then when citizens question this bozo on tax issues and such and or call him out on it/them - he either walks away or BS'es out of the subject question(s).

I'm not scared at all, just a lifelong NJ-ian who's seen the corruption here go more and more "radical" (for a lack of a better word) as the years go onward. People are ticked off of our property taxes, health insurance mandate after Pres. Trump got rid of it and other taxes going up as another gasoline tax increase is probably not too far off plus NY looking to possibly screw the NJ-ian NYC bound driver with congestion pricing at $19.00 to drive across = to me just another dem money grab. So yeah a "cesspool" as you say can be put on all these issues and more here.

My Dad (many, many years ago) used to say about those illegal people that "when they come in, they take over".

"Chilling out", I hear NM has a lot of crime so how would I be able to just "chill out" if true - I really don't know as it's only what I've heard.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:35 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,206,593 times
Quote:
I'm addressing Trumps's rhetoric, which is precisely on topic per the name of the thread.

A POTUS duty is to protect its borders and people, so if he has to temporarily use the military to do so I say so be it. Did Obama do this as POTUS, did he protect the border and its people? (HA!) More like protect everyone but US LEGAL citizens.

Perhaps it's the NM Governor who's being retorical as she a dem would join most in her party and dem media of hating Trump even though Trump is protecting our border and its people the best he could. If Trump had an "D" in front of his name, this thread wouldn't even exist.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:41 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,283,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
It's not for that poor person looking for a better life, it's that "criminal" that really comes to mind. As you know we do have laws and just coming into the USA as an illegal is wrong and then the taxpayer foots the bill plus in some cases their life.

Yeah although NJ does have some good things going for it, many now are bitter because of the current governor (who I didn't vote for) and his loving for the taxpayer to foot the illegals' bills as our homestead rebates have been cut in half since for that reason. Then when citizens question this bozo on tax issues and such and or call him out on it/them - he either walks away or BS'es out of the subject question(s).

I'm not scared at all, just a lifelong NJ-ian who's seen the corruption here go more and more "radical" (for a lack of a better word) as the years go onward. People are ticked off of our property taxes, health insurance mandate after Pres. Trump got rid of it and other taxes going up as another gasoline tax increase is probably not too far off plus NY looking to possibly screw the NJ-ian NYC bound driver with congestion pricing at $19.00 to drive across = to me just another dem money grab. So yeah a "cesspool" as you say can be put on all these issues and more here.

My Dad (many, many years ago) used to say about those illegal people that "when they come in, they take over".

"Chilling out", I hear NM has a lot of crime so how would I be able to just "chill out" if true - I really don't know as it's only what I've heard.
When the prospect of the rare criminal causes you to shoot the common innocent you're letting fear rule you. There's bad people in any group. It's Polly Anna-ish to expect otherwise. More money to ICE and BP for PEOPLE, infrastructure (including walls where they are needed) and not walls where they aren't needed just to satisfy those who have no real idea of what the border is like, would limit the baddies.

Good food is what Jersey had going for it. Lots to do too. The aggravation of all those people ruined it for me, though I suppose I was spoiled by having grown up out here. I know Jersey natives that have come out west and have been able to relax. They'd never go back.

Crime here is mostly property crime cause we're poor. If you have a half a brain it's mostly avoidable.

Old 04-14-2019, 12:28 AM

18,230 posts, read 25,891,419 times
Welll--- a few things here to ponder.

1. The OP started this thread over two months ago and hasn't provided commentary on this thing since.
2. Been a member for 12 years and has only 30 posts.
3. This thing should have been in P/OC to start with.

I'm going to close this thing for mod review.. There isn't a specific individual who oversees the New Mexico forum and the city sub forums at the present time and I was asked to take a look at this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico