Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2019, 08:01 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times

Advertisements

Have any of you ever gone to this drive-in theater in Las Vegas, NM? I like drive-in theaters because they bring back memories of going to the Aurora Drive-In movie theater in north Seattle. You know, throw a few guys in the trunk, bring a case of beer, your cigarettes, of course, and a few joints. And have a great night!
I remember these things well.

Any of you ever been to this one? This would be a long drive for the Mrs. and I, plus our Chow Chow. But I'd like ta give it a go.

Fort Union Drive-in in Las Vegas, NM - DriveInMovie.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 10:58 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
I have never been to that drive-in.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:49 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,452,743 times
I guess the Ft. Union is the last drive-in theater in the state. There was one in Carlsbad until very recently, but it looks like they packed up and sold out back in December...sorry to see them go.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:46 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,165,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Hibs View Post
I guess the Ft. Union is the last drive-in theater in the state. There was one in Carlsbad until very recently, but it looks like they packed up and sold out back in December...sorry to see them go.

If you're referring to the "Fiesta Drive-In" in Carlsbad, it had a sister theater in El Paso, also known as "Fiesta Drive-in" where I worked in my youth in the 1950s. Both featured a neon dancing Mexican girl on their screen towers at the entrance. The Carlsbad theater outlasted most of those in the state. It finally closed for the last time in Dec. 2018.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:06 PM

7 posts, read 5,139 times
C'mon people. Very clearly, the OP was asking about Las Vegas, NM.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:00 PM

C'mon people. Very clearly, the OP was asking about Las Vegas, NM.

Yeah, I still plan on driving up to Las Vegas, NM, to see a movie at the drive-in. Plus, I'd like ta see if I can recognize any of the areas on the 'Longmire' set. Longmire was a great series, you guys. It's worth looking it up on Netflix and watching the whole series. Entertaining from start ta finish, and Las Vegas, NM, was one of the dinky New Mexico towns the series was filmed in.

The series was filmed in New Mexico but we were to think the state they were in was Wyoming. Anyhow, the Fort Union Drive-In seems ta feature mostly kiddie flicks, unfortunately. Maybe when the next James Bond movie comes out they'll show it and I'll cruise up there and check it out.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:37 PM

7 posts, read 5,139 times
Find your way to the Range Cafe there. It's on the square where Longmire's office was and the entrance to THAT building actually still bears the Absaroka County Sheriff's office print on the door. Kinda cool.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:57 PM

Find your way to the Range Cafe there. It's on the square where Longmire's office was and the entrance to THAT building actually still bears the Absaroka County Sheriff's office print on the door. Kinda cool.

Thank you for the tips. I do appreciate it. When I do I'll look for that sign. Way cool. That was a great series!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico