Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 09:44 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,962,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
The Albuquerque Rapid Transit "Electric Bus System" was shut down... It is no longer in operation. Albuquerque had a lawsuit with the Bus Manufacturer... I believe this was in 2018,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
And to you this doesn't confirm that they f-'ed up the project??? It absolutely confirms what I've been saying that it's obviously a dumb design.
Knock it off jerk Nothing you say makes sense. You are a troll, just flapping your jaws and a liar bashing New Mexico....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 10:04 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,642,976 times
The stations have seating, that much has been proven with pics already.

The new buses from a different manufacturer are already mostly here. This past weekend the 16th of 20 buses was delivered to the city from New Flyer. The final four will be delivered in the coming weeks. The buses have been running along the route for training purposes.

https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram...om&_nc_cat=100

Regular service on the ART will finally begin before the end of the year.

The city has already listed the hours of operation and route information on its website. The buses will come every 7-8 minutes between 6:30 am and 6:30 pm and every 15 minutes outside of those hours while in operation.

https://www.cabq.gov/transit/art-inf...outes-stations

There is no proof that anybody "lined their pockets" building the project. The project was investigated by the city Inspector General when the new administration took over and he found nothing wrong on that end. The new administration even sued the original bus manufacturer, BYD, for the faulty buses, but eventually settled for nothing, which likely means they felt they couldn't prove any wrongdoing there either.

As of right now, the only thing to do is look forward to the new service with the new buses getting underway in the winter. Albuquerque Rapid Transit is the first Gold-standard bus rapid transit system ever built in the U.S. That in itself is a great accomplishment for Albuquerque.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPhn9wtU8AAfrKB.jpg

As usual you have no leg to stand on and your arguments aren't backed up with facts, just uninformed hearsay and your false accusations.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:51 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,462,204 times
Sigh...and yet another New Mexico City-Data thread goes down in flames as 80skeys once again pits his limited, out-of-date, and demonstrably incorrect subjective experience against actual facts and data.

This is getting really old...

Old 09-18-2019, 11:01 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,819,866 times
I'll take photos of the new bus stops that don't have any place to sit, as well as the 1-lane Central Avenue with the other lane now taken up by an intrusive bus-lane that curves around the weird islands in the street. I was reading that the original installation was so narrow that the buses couldn't navigate. They had to spend an extra, unplanned-for 5 months re-engineering those areas.

I can tell you guys exactly the problem with these type of projects in NM. Politicians and private sector get together and they decide to build something that looks shiny but at the end of the day is of zero benefit to the public. This has been going on in NM my whole life. I've seen it time and again. This bus project reminds me of this. Someone tell me what exactly is it that these new bus lanes, bus stops, and buses offer that the previous bus system didn't??

It's like the Rail Runner. What's the point of a fancy commuter system if there's no industry to support it? NM politicians always do things backwards. What they SHOULD do is first guarantee the commerce and the industry, THEN build the infrastructure. Otherwise all you've got is a "shiny new something" that isn't backed by any substance.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Hibs View Post
Sigh...and yet another New Mexico City-Data thread goes down in flames as 80skeys once again pits his limited, out-of-date, and demonstrably incorrect subjective experience against actual facts and data.

This is getting really old...
I guarantee you there's people who agree with the things I say. But you guys are incapable of putting down your rose-colored glasses for one minute in order to have a balanced discussion. The onus is as much on you guys as on me.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:42 AM

It's not a question of agreeing with you, it's a question of being able to acknowledge basic facts and truths.

Tell me how there is no seating in the ART station pictured below.

Tell me how the woman pictured below, the head of Bradbury Stamm, could possibly be Mayor Berry's brother who supposedly lined his pockets building ART.

It that's not enough, here she is earlier this year with her dad Jim King, who used to head the company and is not Mayor Berry's dad.

Sorry, but facts are facts. And the truth is the truth. There's a word for people who dispute absolute truths and basic facts.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
Tell me how there is no seating in the ART station pictured below.
Dude, that qualifies as pretty damn pathetic seating, if it can even be considered "seating." Seriously if we were to take a poll I bet the majority would agree that it does not qualify as adequate seating. But, there's bus stops that don't even have those things. I'll take photos.
And I repeat my question: Someone tell me what exactly is it that these new bus lanes, bus stops, and buses offer that the previous bus system didn't??
I'll ask my nephew for details about the mayor/construction company/$13 million dollar thing.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:06 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,962,444 times
Quote:
Dude, that qualifies as pretty damn pathetic seating, if it can even be considered "seating." Seriously if we were to take a poll I bet the majority would agree that it does not qualify as adequate seating. But, there's bus stops that don't even have those things. I'll take photos.
And I repeat my question: Someone tell me what exactly is it that these new bus lanes, bus stops, and buses offer that the previous bus system didn't??
I'll ask my nephew for details about the mayor/construction company/$13 million dollar thing.
ART has premium features to keep you connected and ahead of traffic during your commute.

Level Boarding - Riders in wheelchairs, crutches, and strollers will find it easy to get on and off of ART buses because it is level with the platforms.

Dedicated Travel Lane - ART buses are extremely efficient during peak hours of traffic on Central Avenue. Unlike regular buses, ART buses will have a bus-only lane in high-traffic areas to help alleviate traffic congestion.

Traffic Signal Prioritization - ART will be the fastest way to travel along Central Avenue because of traffic signal prioritization. This will allow passengers to travel more efficiently than commuters in single occupancy vehicles.

Etc, Etc, Etc....

'Dude' - Wake up!

"Albuquerque Rapid Transit, also known as ART, is a bus rapid transit line serving the Central Avenue corridor in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States. The line runs between Tramway Boulevard and the Central and Unser Transit Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Wikipedia"

More Information here, if you can read:
Albuquerque Rapid Transit - ART
https://www.facebook.com/MayorKeller/

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 09-19-2019 at 07:17 AM..

Old 09-19-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
ART is a Gold-standard BRT line, the only one ever built in the U.S. It offers center-island stations and dedicated bus lanes for most of its route. It also offers pre-pay kiosks and level boarding. It will have signal priority. All of that is an improvement over the existing Rapid Ride lines. It will speed up the service and allow for quicker trips. It will have buses arriving every 7-8 minutes durng peak hours, which is a major improvement over current bus frequency on all lines, not just the Rapd Ride. That will help alleviate the current overcrowding issues on the Central Avenue lines, both regular and Rapid Ride.

It's clear you don't know what you're talking about here either. You don't know a damn thing about the history of ART or its planning process that began in 2011. You never attended meetings for it like I did. You never rode it during its trial run at the end of 2017 with the old buses like I did. You won't ride it when regular service debuts with the new buses at the end of this year like I will. You are as clueless and uninformed with this as you are with most everything to do with this city and state.

It's patently absurd for someone as clueless as you to even speak about these things when you've been proven wrong over and over in several threads on this site.

And always you try to cast doubt by not accepting and capitulating to the truth. What exactly is your nephew gonna tell you that will prove that Cynthia Schultz is actually Mayor Berry's brother??

Old 09-19-2019, 04:17 PM

5,072 posts, read 7,496,873 times
There are certain idiots that if you prove them wrong, they just double down on the same nonsense.

The seats at the ART stops are kept minimal because they don't want them to become places inviting for people to just hang out, in fact once ART is up and running you're not allowed to be on a platform if you don't have a ticket. Unfortunately some (non-ART) bus stops (like at Central and San Mateo) have become magnets for transients and trouble, people who hang out there for hours and intimidate passengers, get into fights, or pass out on the benches.

I used the bus system quite a bit in the 1990's, when there were very few shelters or even benches at the bus stops. It was called "Sun Tran" and you just had to hang out in the sun for 20-30 minutes (sometimes in 95+ degrees) for a bus to come on some routes. Pretty brutal. Since then they've added a lot of sheltered waiting areas at the bus stops all over the city. Homeless people camp out in a few of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico