Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 10:42 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,627,167 times

Advertisements

A video of Mark Ronchetti has emerged from last year during a climate change conference at UNM. In the video Mark Ronchetti says that he left the GOP over "the Orange One" The same 'Orange One' which he is now claiming to support.

https://pinonpost.com/watch-resurfac...rt-of-my-soul/

Needless to say, the Trump faction of the Republican base is unhappy with this and there has always been great suspicion by them of Mark Ronchetti, especially since he has surrounded himself with anti-Trump Republicans. That list includes the utter slimeball and king of hipocrisy, Darren White.

I think this is icky no matter which side of the political spectrum you are on. Lying politicians who say and do things out of political expediency and opportunism are gross no matter what. It's especially repugnant when they espouse views which they really don't hold just because the polls tell them that's what will win or will please the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 12:20 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,452,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
A video of Mark Ronchetti has emerged from last year during a climate change conference at UNM. In the video Mark Ronchetti says that he left the GOP over "the Orange One" The same 'Orange One' which he is now claiming to support.

https://pinonpost.com/watch-resurfac...rt-of-my-soul/

Needless to say, the Trump faction of the Republican base is unhappy with this and there has always been great suspicion by them of Mark Ronchetti, especially since he has surrounded himself with anti-Trump Republicans. That list includes the utter slimeball and king of hipocrisy, Darren White.

I think this is icky no matter which side of the political spectrum you are on. Lying politicians who say and do things out of political expediency and opportunism are gross no matter what. It's especially repugnant when they espouse views which they really don't hold just because the polls tell them that's what will win or will please the public.
This gibes perfectly with my read on Ronchetti, which is that he's 100% a political opportunist who's more about accumulating power than he is about any deeply-held positions or ideologies.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:29 PM

5,029 posts, read 7,409,636 times
His commercials have been out now for a few weeks, he's running on the border wall and his strong teeth. Sad that he looks barely old enough to vote, yet thinks like an old man.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:19 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
His commercials have been out now for a few weeks, he's running on the border wall and his strong teeth. Sad that he looks barely old enough to vote, yet thinks like an old man.
Do you have something against old men Aires? This seems like a generalized statement.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:47 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Familiarity breeds contempt — some of these candidates were better off not running for office. They lose what respect they might have had.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:43 PM

5,029 posts, read 7,409,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Do you have something against old men Aires? This seems like a generalized statement.
No, just young people who are old and moldy before their time.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:40 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,627,167 times
It looks like Mark Ronchetti has successfully hoodwinked Republican primary voters and has secured the party's nomination for U.S. Senate. Time will tell if the rest of the state's voters will be as dumb in supporting his narcissistic rise to fame and national prominence. By the way, this was Mark Ronchetti's first time actually voting in a Republican primary.

https://www.krqe.com/news/politics-g...s-senate-race/

https://johnfornm.com/ronchetti-has-...primary-votes/

Old 06-03-2020, 11:27 AM

104 posts, read 111,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
It looks like Mark Ronchetti has successfully hoodwinked Republican primary voters and has secured the party's nomination for U.S. Senate. Time will tell if the rest of the state's voters will be as dumb in supporting his narcissistic rise to fame and national prominence. By the way, this was Mark Ronchetti's first time actually voting in a Republican primary.
That speaks volumes about him.
Then there's Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany - Trump's prominent voice against mail - in voting. Has voted by mail 11 times in the last 10 years.... talk about two-faced.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:20 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,935,498 times
I voted for Martinez, although there was not much to go on, but the chance of my ever voting for a Democrat in a general election with a Republican running has dropped down to near zero, so I guess I will probably be stuck with voting for Ronchetti.

Last edited by ApartmentNomad; 06-04-2020 at 03:49 PM..

Old 06-06-2020, 03:17 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
the chance of my ever voting for a Democrat in a general election with a Republican running has dropped down to near zero, so I guess I will probably be stuck with voting for Ronchetti.
Vote for the policies of the politician, not the letter next to their name. If that means you end up voting only Republican, fine, but don't vote for the sake of supporting a 'team'.

Your vote should mean something other than some blanket hate for the opposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico