Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 10:29 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times

Advertisements

Yes - I agree with joqua, Alamogordo growth has been slow but steady that I've noticed. We got here in January of 2013, left in February 2015 until coming back here in February of 2018. So a total of 4 years now, and, growth for housing is slow but steady.

Although retail growth has not been in great amounts, it has also been steady, and, someone who lives in Alamogordo, if being honest, would have to admit that Alamogordons have a lot more shopping opportunities now that they did in 2013 even. It's been most welcome and it's starting to stop us from thinking we need to travel the 90 miles south to El Paso or the 70 miles west to Las Cruces to go shopping or enjoy some different varied restaurants to try.

Now, more than ever, we have everything we need here in restaurant and retail establishments to eat at and shop at. What we really could use would be a store like Sprouts so we have some more varied healthy grocery offerings available to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 04:58 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,158,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Yes - I agree with joqua, Alamogordo growth has been slow but steady...

While there have been new businesses opening in recent years, there are also those that have closed down. One recent example is the Mountain View Urgent Care Center at 10th and White Sands.

Alamogordo also lacks good restaurants. Those that have been open at one time, came and went. One oddity is the 31 Flavors (Baskin Robbins) which closed several years ago at one location and is now about to open once again at a new location. I guess one could say; "Change is the spice of life!"

Old 03-16-2020, 09:38 AM

I won't get the Baskin Robbins 31 flavors very often but I will drop in for a Dunkin' Donut coffee, donut or vegan sausage biscuit now and then. The building just north of the Baskin/Dunkin' combo is a bit of a mystery, because they're not saying on a sign or anything what the business is going to be in the building.

Word got out that it was going to be a Starbuck's standalone business, but, further information immerged that "multiple businesses" will be in that building. So we've got something to learn still about it, we love these new business mysteries in this small town scenario, it keeps us guessing!

Old 03-16-2020, 10:49 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,506,894 times
I knew the original owner. This link is from a 2015 post here.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/al...?pid=173039147

PS: I see the El Camino closed! What happened???

Old 03-22-2020, 12:45 PM

While there have been new businesses opening in recent years, there are also those that have closed down. One recent example is the Mountain View Urgent Care Center at 10th and White Sands.

Driving by there all the time it seemed like they never had anyone parked outside of their Urgent Care Center. It's understandable, I never heard anything bad about this office, but with GCRMC's own urgent care center right down the street available and Presbyterians's Urgent Care Center also open in town, Mountain View loses out.

It's not like their parent hospital is hurting, right?

Old 03-22-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Mountain View Urgent Care Center ...
It's not like their parent hospital is hurting, right?
I was looking at the potential for my using the care givers at the Alamogordo site rather than driving another hour to Las Cruces.

I am unaware of a Presbyterian facility. Where is it located? Is it manned by personnel from Ruidoso?

Old 03-22-2020, 08:42 PM

It's located at 1501 10th St. in Alamogordo. And it's called Presbyterian Family Health Center.

It appears to be staffed by two Certified Nurse Practitioners and offers Family Care. You'll have to call or stop by their Clinic.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
It's located at 1501 10th St. in Alamogordo. And it's called Presbyterian Family Health Center.

It appears to be staffed by two Certified Nurse Practitioners and offers Family Care. You'll have to call or stop by their Clinic.

Today I learned for the first time that Gerald Champion (Alamogordo medical group) operates a "sleep clinic" and family health clinic here in Ruidoso! Ruidoso's main hospital is a Presbyterian entity.

Old 03-25-2020, 03:02 PM

All true, joqua. I work for GCRMC's Sleep Lab in Alamogordo. There may be a time when I sub at our Ruidoso facility but I haven't opted ta do that yet. Oh yeah, joqua, you've got to work to keep up with medical office provisions. They keep changing, usually it's the Urgent Care offerings or Family Pracitioner offerings that change. The GCRMC Sleep lab used to operate in the main hospital when it opened and is now in a Medical Office on Indian Wells Road in Alamogordo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico