Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 11:13 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I like Las Cruces, however when we moved here 20 years ago Albuquerque was the choice for employment for us and some other issues. We moved to Rio Rancho which is adjacent to Albuquerque, Corrales and several other towns...

We have friends in Las Cruces as well as parts of Arizona. The choice will vary depending on various issues...
Okay i see.Thanks Poncho_NM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmoses View Post
Well, I've only lived in New Mexico since last November(las cruces) and I will say that based on what you typed I would recommend las cruces over Albuquerque. yes, it leans democrat but from what I can tell most of the politicians here are moderates/ fiscal conservatives. Having moved here from northwest Arkansas it wasn't as big of a shock as I thought it would be due to the moderate nature of this place. Albuquerque has the biggest job market, yes, but crime is a serious problem in that city in a way that it isn't here in cruces. Granted, my experience with Albuquerque is limited.
Okay thanks shadowmoses.I am not concerned about the job market because i will live off of business income.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:04 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but i prefer Amazon

Coas has a storefront on Amazon.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Coas has a storefront on Amazon.
Okay thanks,Deserterer.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Well, I enjoy the heat but the main thing im concerned about are harsh winters. how are the winters in ABQ???Also, i watch New Mexico news a lot and the crime level in the Duke City concerns me.I will be able to find a church of Christ in any city in the state according to a friend from church who is from The Land of Enchantment.I dont think Midland and Las Cruces are that alike so how come you think they are,nmnita?Jobs wont be a issue since i will be living off of passive income.I actually enjoy hot summers.
It seems like you have thought this issue over very well and hopefully you will make the right decision for you.

To remark of answer some of what I have posted before: similarities between the 2 cities: both are considered small in the scoop of things. I think the weather would be similar and the demographics of the population somewhat similar: more country than urban. I am basing this on just a few times in the 2 cities so I may be totally off base here.

Jobs not being an issue, that is a good thing regardless when you choose to live: one less consideration.

Crime: certainly the Duke city has and always has had a crime problem, but there are small cities like Rio Rancho that are part of the metro district with lower crime and lower employment rates.

Church wise: as long as you are sure you can find a church, regardless of denomination that suits you there should be no issue.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 05-28-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It seems like you have thought this issue over very well and hopefully you will make the right decision for you.

To remark of answer some of what I have posted before: similarities between the 2 cities: both are considered small in the scoop of things. I think the weather would be similar and the demographics of the population somewhat similar: more country than urban. I am basing this on just a few times in the 2 cities so I may be totally off base here.

Jobs not being an issue, that is a good thing regardless when you choose to live: one less consideration.

Crime: certainly the Duke city has and always has had a crime problem, but there are small cities like Rio Rancho that are part of the metro district with lower crime and lower employment rates.

Church wise: as long as you are sure you can find a church, regardless of denomination that suits you there should be no issue.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Okay thanks nmnita.Ya your right both Midland and Las Cruces are small in the grand scheme of things.I agree the climates would be similar.However, I think Las Cruces would be drier.Your right that the cities are not very urban.Okay maybe Ill post a thread if and when i make the move.Thanks again.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:17 PM

522 posts, read 1,429,460 times
Hope its not too late. Your last paragraph said it best:
Stay where you are and just come to visit.
I traveled for 4 years, much of it in New Mexico, but living in Las Cruces for 4 years has brought new meaning to the words depressing and oppressed.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
Go with Las Cruces. It doesn't sound like Albuquerque would be right for you.

Las Cruces, bad choice for anyone new, and especially single.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:25 PM

Also, hate to be negative, but don't be fooled by,its motto. Its actually "The Land of Red Flags"

Old 12-30-2020, 12:20 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
My limited experience with Las Cruces was that it seemed subdued compared to Albuquerque. It seemed like a suburb in search of a city in some respects. I enjoyed my visit and the university seemed nice. I visited with some ABQ transplants and they said that LC was Albuquerque forty years ago. I wouldn’t know about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico