Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2020, 05:44 AM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,646 times

Advertisements

Me Paying it Forward:
I solved part of the Treasure Hunt by Forrest Fenn.
I made a 49 second video and I'm sharing it with the world.
This isn't some cruel Joke. YouTube search for more info concerning Forrest Fenn.
There's 42 Pounds of Gold at a location in New Mexico and I'm telling EVERYONE the location!
None of my videos are monetized,I get nothing for doing this.
I just want to give back in the wake of this Virus.
As of today Mr. Fenn still says no one's found it.
It's in New Mexico a few miles North of Santa Fe near a place called Ojo Caliente (just a few thousand yards west its hidden).
The reason I used the word "part" was because since I posted the video, I got a message from someone claiming my
solve wasn't finished yet. ..so though it may or may not be a complete solve, at least I got you really close to the
end of it. I wish whoever finds it the best of luck, I did the best I could for you.
https://youtu.be/DLjCwvPQsbY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 09:25 PM

79 posts, read 125,840 times
Did this help anyone, treasure has just been found...pretty exciting stuff

Old 06-08-2020, 07:55 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
"The search for treasure might be over, but the fight sure isn’t.

Forrest Fenn, an 89-year-old Santa Fe author and artifacts dealer, said his treasure chest hidden in the Rocky Mountains in 2010 was found last week.

“It’s true,” Fenn told The New Mexican in a phone call Sunday, adding that the finder of his chest located the valuable goods “a few days ago.”

Fenn wouldn’t say where the treasure was found or who found it."

Entire article at: https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...ca96e31ef.html

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 06-08-2020 at 09:15 AM..

Old 08-01-2020, 10:28 AM

3 posts, read 1,776 times
Default Not in New Mexico

Sorry little man, the Fenn treasure was found in Wyoming, not New Mexico. It makes you wonder why Fenn is living in NM if he loves Wyoming and Montana so much. The same with Fenn's parents, every year up in Yellowstone in their camper but lived in Temple, TX. Anyways, there's a Jersey kid on the Fenn Forum at [url]http://daleneitzel.com/[/url] who posted up a Wyoming solve that fits quite well. You might want to check it out

Old 08-06-2020, 12:20 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonKingston View Post
Sorry little man, the Fenn treasure was found in Wyoming, not New Mexico. It makes you wonder why Fenn is living in NM if he loves Wyoming and Montana so much.

A lot of people like where they live, but also like places that they don't live, and they make the decision on which place to live based on a lot of different criteria, such as jobs, family, comfort, and what just feels like "home" as opposed to just an area that fascinates them.

For example, I live in New Mexico. I love it here. But I also like the Northeast and Florida and make efforts to visit (sometimes for extended periods) those regions.

Crazy, I know.

Old 08-06-2020, 02:42 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,747,211 times
Recent August 2nd, 2020 update:

A dud of an ending (so far) to Fenn’s treasure hunt
By Journal North Editorial Board
Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 at 12:02am

"Forrest Fenn released this photo, which he said shows a treasure chest filled with valuables that he stashed somewhere in the Rocky Mountain region a decade ago. Fenn said in June that someone from “back east” had finally found the chest. (Courtesy of Dal Neitzel)

It’s time to take a break from the big news – the pandemic, upheaval over racial injustice and the potential postponement of, or civil war over, an American presidential election – and return to Forrest Fenn.

Fenn, of course, is the Santa Fe antiquities collector/dealer and raconteur who famously announced a decade ago that he had stashed an antique chest full of gold coins and other valuables somewhere in a multi-state Rocky Mountain region north of Santa Fe. As part of a memoir, he published a poem said to include clues to where the loot could be found.

The lure of a real treasure hunt became a national sensation and many, many people – estimates have run up to hundreds of thousands – joined the chase. At least four people died looking for Fenn’s gold, including two in the Rio Grande in New Mexico."

Entire Article continues at:
https://www.abqjournal.com/1481592/a...the-story.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico