Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 09:07 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times

Advertisements

Hey, I ride a motorcycle and have been riding since 1967 (250K miles or so). I have never had any trouble with bikers...I don't do anything to provoke them, of course. I've always ridden Suzukis, Yamahas and Hondas, which don't qualify me as a "biker" (the bikes I ride are called "riceburners" by the hard-core bikers who only ride Harleys). But we have always gotten along. Most of the people who dress like "outlaw bikers" really aren't, although there are a few Boozefighters, Bandidos, Hells Angels, etc. around. My experience is that very few of them will bother you if you don't do anything to rile them.

I didn't mean to hijack the topic...just wanted to comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2006, 09:33 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,095,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Hey, I ride a motorcycle and have been riding since 1967 (250K miles or so). I have never had any trouble with bikers...I don't do anything to provoke them, of course. .
I mean literally that this guy was on the front page of the newspaper and they listed his rap sheet, which included some violent infractions...not that he was just a biker in a bar LOL! We saw the headline a couple days after we had dinner with him.

We live in an area with ching-a-lings, hell's angels and quite a few other bonafide gangs. While most are pretty pleasant, there are those who have been quite naughty. This guy was one of them.

Just wanted to clarify..

Old 01-10-2007, 11:13 PM

21 posts, read 106,090 times
Hi to Gaby, Bluerose, everyone,

I'm happy and thriving in Las Cruces, even had my first successful Booksigning. How is eveyone doing in their new choice town??
Would be nice to get some updates.

Petra

Old 01-11-2007, 01:29 AM

182 posts, read 708,151 times
gaby,

Just choose a decent part of town to live in and you should be fine.

I visit my sister in Rio Rancho occasionally and drive around Albuquerque looking for apartments; you get to know the better parts of town in no time at all.

But don't stop with that...

And, get a CHL or, carry openly without a permit. Learning to defend yourself -- in addition to calling Dial a Prayer (911) -- is the prudent thing to do no matter WHAT state you move to (except those anti-gun states like CA, MA, MD and such).

But NM is a gun-friendly state, more so than Texas it seems.

Refuse to be a victim WHEREVER you go.

-- John D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico