Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:28 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,922,697 times

Advertisements

Good luck with the drive. When in Moriarty, you should stop in Edgewood for a break and eat at The East Mountain Grill on 344 and Dinkle Rd (about 1.5 miles north of the interstate exit 187). They have new owners and while I have only eaten there once since they changed hands, the menu is the same and they still have green chile sausage. I usually get the basic breakfast - a big plate of food for $4.50. Take a look around Edgewood while you are here too - lots of kids around. Not sure of your price range, as it is more expensive than Moriarty, but there are a lot of houses for sale right now. Have fun on your trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,259,181 times
See ya then, Jane.

Oh Solidwood, no whining here! Greg was given a company car at the end of May/beginning of June. It gets between 30-35 mpg. So we figure total cost for fuel around 600. If we were taking my truck it would have easily been TWICE that. So nope, just rejoicing that I don't have to rent a car to go! lol

Thanks, SITW. We live in Jefferson County, but can be in Sevier County within 20 minutes (I have to go there this afternoon, as a matter of fact- to do a hair follicle test on a client at another office) and we used to work and then later owned a restaurant there. Glad to know it doesn't really compare.
I like people, I just don't like stupid people...... and people who pay megabucks to spend the entire vacation time buying t shirts that say "My maw wint to the Smoky Mountains and all I gots wuz this shirt" and riding the go karts until their time to tee off at Bunny Golf sorta strike me as that type....lol

I'm much more lowkey as a tourist. I don't go for junky stuff like that :-)

Thanks, Lisdol. Sounds like my kind of breakfast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico