Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:09 PM

193 posts, read 812,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen INFP View Post
Can you specifically list these smaller towns and villages in Northern NM? This is just what I am looking for, plus I am a teacher and may want to look into these charter schools if you have any specific names.

Thanks!
Red River has a charter school that seems good, though I don't know personally. Lindrith NM has a really good charter school, they use the core knowledge curriculum. I know that there's another core knowledge charter school in Northern NM but I can't recall the name. Las Vegas NM has a really neat sounding charter school, called Gallinas something. I think either Ojo Calliente or El Rito has one as well.

I've had really good experiences with charter schools in NM in general, there are also some great ones in Albuquerque. A lot of the smaller communities with "regular" public schools can be wonderful as well. These areas make up what they lack in tax funding, with lots of community involvement, and teachers that aren't as overwhelmed as they tend to be in Albuquerque.

If you google NM charter schools, you will eventually find the state website that lists all of our charter schools, along with contact info and website if they have one. Sometimes if a school doesn't have a site listed, you might find one by googling their name.

One of the upsides of NM is I've found there is a charter school for almost every educational angle and age group. So if a parent or teacher is looking for something specific, you can usually find it.

You may pm me if you have further questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 AM

21 posts, read 51,783 times
[quote=rruff;4162479]Sunglasses are never needed (I never use them) but the rest is good advice.

I don't like to disagree with rruff - however, according to CDC (Centers for Disease Control) ...

Q: Are sunglasses an important part of my sun protection plan? A: Yes. Sunglasses protect your eyes from UV rays and reduce the risk of cataracts. They also protect the tender skin around your eyes from sun exposure.
Q: What type of sunglasses best protects my eyes from UV rays?
A: Sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB rays offer the best protection. The majority of sunglasses sold in the United States, regardless of cost, meet this standard. Wrap-around sunglasses work best because they block UV rays from sneaking in from the side.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico