Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:09 PM

70 posts, read 214,100 times

Advertisements

Finally I have breef access to the school computer. Still no internet for me. It was quite a trip. the dogs were very good. You should have seen us sneaking in Harley the Beagle in an overcoat to Motel -- because they only allow 1 pet. We kept worring that we would be thrown out if we were discovered. Our place here is one of the ones on the web. We love it!!! No furniture, but that will come in time. I've met so many nice people. We went on a tour of the Pueblo yesterday and learned about some of their history and their origin story. I was really excited. Now I must get ready for my kids. I can't wait to see my rooms. School for students starts next Thursday. Bacich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 02:16 PM

576 posts, read 2,307,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacich View Post
Finally I have breef access to the school computer. Still no internet for me. It was quite a trip. the dogs were very good. You should have seen us sneaking in Harley the Beagle in an overcoat to Motel -- because they only allow 1 pet. We kept worring that we would be thrown out if we were discovered. Our place here is one of the ones on the web. We love it!!! No furniture, but that will come in time. I've met so many nice people. We went on a tour of the Pueblo yesterday and learned about some of their history and their origin story. I was really excited. Now I must get ready for my kids. I can't wait to see my rooms. School for students starts next Thursday. Bacich
I am so glad that you are able to stay in touch with us. Welcome to New Mexico. I can't wait to read the next chapter and to see your kids' artwork (hopefully on the school website?).

~clairz

Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
BACICH!!!! You are here!!!!! Oh happy day!

Welcome to New Mexico!!!

Keep posting whenever you can - we are all enjoying this great story you are living.

(Be sure to keep a journal or start a blog to record everything! Later on, you will be glad you did!) And take lots of pictures!

~Sharon

Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 PM

775 posts, read 2,587,352 times
Default Teachers in N.M.

Check out places like Santa Rosa, Vaughn and Corona for teaching jobs in the center of N.M. pintada kid at webtv.net

Old 08-02-2008, 11:26 PM

Today we ate in the only restaurant on the Zuni Rez. My husband misses Phila. pizza already. I loved the view through the window of the kiva oven and the mesa behind it. This will be my next weaving. Every where I look it's beautiful. This morning at 4am we awoke again. We are still on Phila. time. I loved seeing the sunrise. The stars faded as the sky turned all different shades of aqua and blue with gold at the bottom. I can understand more clearly why the Zuni people make such beautiful art. Their work is incredible. No one could ever pay them the real worth of their work. I hope that what I teach the kids enriches their knowledge.
I met an old Navajo today. He made me roll down the window of my car. He wanted to buy my hat. It has a big fake flower on it. I hope it wasn't for him. I laughed and said oh no. Then he asked to borrow a penny. I wonder what he wanted to pay me for the hat.
This morning we started out early for Gallup to find furniture for our place. It's very expensive here. We tried the flea market first. No luck. Then we decided to stop at Earl's Diner. Very good food. The waitress was very nice and I told her it was my birthday. Later she came back with a candle in a piece of cake and all the employees sang happy birthday. Even Earl joined in! My husband turned a beat red. I enjoyed it. What a friendly town. Bacich

Old 08-03-2008, 01:12 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
Happy Birthday bacich!

Old 08-05-2008, 11:44 AM

127 posts, read 555,011 times
Glad to hear you made it to Zuni. It is almost time for school once again. Whenever your in Gallup be sure to go eat at El Sombrero. I usually get the stuff sopapilla. This weekend is the Gallup intertribal indian ceremonial. You should look into that.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduly View Post
Glad to hear you made it to Zuni. It is almost time for school once again. Whenever your in Gallup be sure to go eat at El Sombrero. I usually get the stuff sopapilla. This weekend is the Gallup intertribal indian ceremonial. You should look into that.
Thanks bigduly,
We will. I've eaten at the Sombrero two yeas ago and enjoyed it very much. I love my first school (DY). The art supplies are fab. I'm preparing for the kids. The teachers here are wonderful and have a great sense of humor. The principal is amazing and very helpful.
We walked again after dinner to a pasture with horses. I'm a horse nut & in heaven. Who would have thought? My husband said it's beautiful country to just drive to work. My room has a large window and is air-conditioned (swamp-cooler). I've spent the last 10 years in a basement with no windows and no air! Bacich

Old 08-06-2008, 09:41 AM

127 posts, read 555,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacich View Post
Thanks bigduly,
We will. I've eaten at the Sombrero two yeas ago and enjoyed it very much. I love my first school (DY). The art supplies are fab. I'm preparing for the kids. The teachers here are wonderful and have a great sense of humor. The principal is amazing and very helpful.
We walked again after dinner to a pasture with horses. I'm a horse nut & in heaven. Who would have thought? My husband said it's beautiful country to just drive to work. My room has a large window and is air-conditioned (swamp-cooler). I've spent the last 10 years in a basement with no windows and no air! Bacich
I love El Sombrero's. There is also a nice little cafe like restaurant. It serves a great stuff sopapilla and carne adovado burrito. It's not pricey, it's cheaper than Sombrero's. This place is called El Charrito. School is only a day away. My little brother will be starting the 4th grade. He is anxious, yet disappointed. He wanted more vacation time. He is attending DY too. Most of the teachers at the have been there since I went to school there. And I'm 26 so they've been there for a while. Just wait until the end of next month, when fall comes around. The village turns orange and brown and the weather is great. Oh did you hear that the bank got robbed yesterday? I think that's the first time ever. Now everybody in town is talking about it. Well have a great first day of school.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
bacich - sometimes you get to heaven without having to die first. Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico