Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your opinion on Same Sex Marriages in NM
Make same sex marriages legal in NM 10 58.82%
Ban same sex marriages in NM 4 23.53%
Continue with No laws on same sex marriages in NM 3 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 07:37 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,139,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
<MOD MESSAGE: OK folks...this thread is absolutely fine to stand and the OP had every right to post it as it certainly does relate to New Mexico.

However, ol' EnjoyEP has been around the CD Forum block long enough now to know that topics like this almost always result in deleted posts, edited posts, locked threads, etc.

Thus, as a friendly pre-cursor, if you wish to participate in this thread, by all means do, but YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED to stay within forum Terms of Service. Otherwise, your post will be deleted and more.

We likely all know the merits of the sides of anti-gay marriage and pro-gay marriage in a general sense. For conversation debating that, take it to the Politics & Other Controversies forum. If you wish to debate this on the merits *as it applies to New Mexico*, do so, but keep things cordial, non-personal, and adult-like.

Thanks.
Haha, I sense a form message here.

But for the record, although I'm apposed to gay marriage, I don't see how it has any negative impact on the rest of us heterosexuals.

Why not just live and let live? Nobody is going to force you into gay sex, or forcing you to associate with gay couples, so just how is gay marriage going to hurt the rest of us?

I think this is just like blacks marrying whites or vice versa, back 20-30 years ago. A few decades from now perhaps 1-2 percent of the population will be married gays, and we'll be seeing families with two daddies or two mommies.

Really, who cares? They can't make *YOU* become gay. Do I sense some people here who have their masculinity or femininity at issue? I'm a heterosexual guy. I don't have to bash gays to shore up my masculinity. I know I'm masculine and heterosexual, and I don't need the opinions of others to reassure me.

I'm with California's governator Arnold Schwartznegger. He doesn't like it but he doesn't feel any overriding reason to oppose it, and I feel the same. I don't like gay couples but it's not for me to try and keep them apart. Live and let live.

Besides, gays are interesting people, and they are very nonjudgmental as a group because they know the true meaning of pot calling kettle black. I like gay people for that.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:29 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,719,211 times
Sorry folks, but as I feared (and warned...which no one listened to)...this thread has just been general "pro gay marriage" v. "anti gay marriage" and as such, should be held in the Politics & Other Controversies forum. The discussion has been respectful to the most part...it just isn't geographically specific to NM.

We'll close this for now.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico