Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 04:00 AM

462 posts, read 1,009,589 times

Advertisements

NM wanted us also. Back in 1990, when we lived in Colorado; we'd come down to Santa Fe and Albuquerque and 'be tourists'. I bought some prints and while up in Alaska for 15 years, I put the NM prints in our dressing area. Everyday when both of us were dressing up to go to work, we'd see the prints. Anyway, long story short - after the 15th year of working/living in Alaska; I asked my husband if he would start looking for a transfer down to the contig US. He did and got the call from NM a month later. We grabbed it. I was so excited and happy to be offered an op to be living in a place I'd always kind of had a wish to be living. While we're not living in Albuq, etc. it's still been pretty darn good. I do love NM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 12:16 PM

155 posts, read 376,090 times
Hello to everyone...best wishes to all as I also wish the best to you for this coming New Year and New Decade!!!!!

Here is my story;

My wife and I now live in California but have been looking to move out of California for awhile as we first had our sights on Oregon. However, since then I have entered into a new business partnership with a guy that lives in Lubbock Texas.
We are into web design, we have done ok working so far apart but it would be more beneficial to live closer to each other for biz growth etc…

Having lived in Texas in my youth I just have no desire to move to Texas, so my buddy mentioned Cloudcroft NM, so I started doing my research and found Cloudcroft to be a bit too small, so I turned my sights to Ruidoso, as it was a bit bigger and it has similar looking surroundings that I find living here in Northern California and what I was looking at when I was looking to move to Oregon.

It has been a huge plus being able to look at the web-cam daily and see how the weather looks etc. Also this forum has been tremendous as I have been given so much help and advice from some wonderful people that I am really looking forward to meeting this coming year.

I had planned on making a trip out there prior to the move, but since our plans are to move there this coming May (if not May then summer sometime) I think we are just going to save the money for the trip for the move. We have no responsibilities outside of ourselves and we travel pretty light and since I will work from home and she should have no problem getting a job as she is a medical assistant, the worst thing that could happen is that it is not what we though and then find another place to move…No big deal, as taking a small risk isn’t the worst thing to happen to us.

A quick bio about us, I am 51 been an auto mechanic of 30 years, going to school online for a BS in Web Design. Michellene my wife is 42 she was born in India and was living in Canada when we met at Hypnotherapy school. She now does massage and as I said earlier she is a medical assistant.

This new years is fast upon us so I am rip roaring ready to go and get to NM, so I am starting to shore up our plans and try to dot the I’s and cross the T’s as much as we can….

A big THANKS to everyone that has been a friend and given us so much great help!!!

White Mountain

Old 01-04-2010, 01:07 PM

3 posts, read 20,313 times
Grew up some in NM, Ariz, always considered the SW my real love, esp. the high desert. Now in Florida, don't like the humidity or growth. Ready to retire military and looking for that perfect place in NM. One that doesn't expect much growth, has a used bookstore, some farmer's market or health food co-op type stuff, maybe a tiny university, Ponderosa Pines, good mix of white and Hispanic w/no gang activity. Looking for a community that cares about itself. Any ideas? I'm starting w/one of my fav. discoveries, Silver City but I get the impression it has been "discovered" already.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,448 times
I am in MN ( ugh! i am freezing!) yrs ago lived in Denver and loved the west.. have never been to NM but recently a job came up on line for my husband( he is a printer) and it was in Alb but the press was one he had not run.. i was so bummed out and did not know why.. now after reading all these posts DO KNOW why.. there IS something..like some kind of a pull.. tugging at my heart.. i had butterflies in my tummy wondering why i felt such a way about a place i had never been to.. i adored Denver.. the blue sky, the mountains, the white puffy clouds..i have lived in TN.. too humid.. i have lived in the midwest ( was born and raised in Chicago..too cold.. hate winters that cold..( and i am in MN??!!) when he finds a printing job we WILL be coming to NM!!( it is backwards abbreviated from MN!! maybe a sign?? LOL) i love how all of you tell about the wonderful feeling you get about "coming home"...thankyou for such nice stories.. i can dream.. til i get there!

Old 01-28-2010, 07:47 PM

908 posts, read 2,854,474 times
Default update

I'm still trucking right along in Albuquerque. Had some nice turns with my artwork, so being a stay-at-home with my two girls is a breeze. I'm loving watching New Mexico come alive in their eyes. I have pictures of my oldest down at Bosque del Apache, and she looks so happy and connected. Looking forward to when their old enough to take camping and fishing. I hope they'll be campers! Enjoy keeping in touch with folks on here. Just had lunch with MikeHorrell today at Monroe's. He's having a great time exploring the state on his Harley!

Last edited by ziaAirmac; 01-28-2010 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: title

Old 01-29-2010, 12:33 AM

312 posts, read 1,018,112 times
We were FORCED to move here.

If you love it, awesome for you. Its like Coke or Pepsi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico