Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 07:55 AM

3 posts, read 15,943 times

Advertisements

Hello!
Considering moving to the Dos Griegos development, located in Silver City, New Mexico...
I welcome information about the community.
Thank You,
TiaMia

Last edited by TiaMia; 06-23-2008 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: added more detail...Thank you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 07:59 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,025,802 times
Tia Mia ~~

Welcome to the City-Data New Mexico Forum!!!

If you are talking about Dos Griegos subdivision which is near Eldorado at Santa Fe off Hwy 285 SE of the city, it is a really NICE area. BUT expensive. The homes are large and in the $500,000 and UP price range. They sit on five-plus acre lots.

Of course, this may not be the Dos Griegos you are talking about. Can you be more specific?

Old 06-23-2008, 08:12 AM

3 posts, read 15,943 times
Red face Dos Griegos development - Silver City, New Mexico

Hello,
The Dos Griegos community development that I am interested in is located in Silver City, New Mexico.
I should have been more specific.
Thank you!
TiaMia

Old 06-24-2008, 01:37 PM

4 posts, read 140,842 times
Dos Griegos is a still expanding subdivision area north of Silver City. It's probably the most exclusive neighborhood in town, with homes starting at around $400,000. Lots are about an acre and up. It's very wooded and beautiful there, with many of the houses having spectacular views. There are no services near there, the nearest gas station or grocery store being at least a ten minute drive. I can't imagine that there would be a very strong sense of community there, although like everywhere in Silver City, the neighbors would likely be friendly should you encounter them. It's all a bit too nice and upscale for my taste, but many people would find it heavenly. As the area continues to develop and more houses are built I imagine some of the natural charm will dissipate a bit. You can read other threads for more general information on Silver City. Hope this was of help.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 6,402 times
Tia Mia,

A very nice neighborhood but residents do not control the homeowners' association; the developer does. There are issues regarding non compliance with the bylaws. Be careful.

Truthinsilver
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico