Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:07 AM

775 posts, read 2,588,653 times

Advertisements

Ive known a few Hermits around New Mexico who loved the Mountains around Ancho and who had Gold Mines. My Friend Lloyd Hoskins that i found dead he had been dead about 10 days when i found him and reported it to the Authorites he was in his 90s when he died possibly of Hypotermia up there on his Mountain. Lloyd called himself the Old Man of the Mountain. And he didnt let too many visitors up on his Mountain but when he saw me he would grab his guitar and tell me Play the Tennessee Waltz. >>>>> There was also this Lady Hermit in the Conchas Area that lived in a Small old trailer and she use to walk about a half mile to a Cattle drinking tank to get water to drink. She Asked me a Question i couldnt Answer.>>>>>>>> Katherine Doolen asked me see all the Hundreds of Bluebirds everywhere? How come they dont Sing? Katherine was in her 70s when i met her years ago and is quite Eccentric and use to be sercretary for Norelco in N.Y. she said and she was a very good artist on looking at some of her work with pencil. SHE hates to have people visit her but so did Lloyd. >>>>> I asked LLoyd what made him come out there to live on a Mountain without electricity or gas and no well to drink out off just Rain Water. >>>> Lloyd Hoskins Said... I Just Got Tired Of Having to Wear a Tuxedo everytime I Sat Down to Eat. el pintada kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
My guess is he probably got sick and tired of dealing with the majority of people we all have to deal with and chose to be away from them.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:14 PM

717 posts, read 1,955,434 times
Amen song! I intend to be a hermit (armed and dangerous variety) when I relocate there in the not too distant future!!!! The less I see of humanity the more I luv it!!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:51 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
I've met some really great folks on this forum and in NM and I love being around them but the people that I've had to deal with in my past need to be hunted down and killed. Hunters?? Where are you? I've got some people on my list. Save the animals and kill the a**holes.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:56 PM

I like you more and more song! Can't say I disagree. I do admire many poets, artists, scientists, visionaries, musicians, writers and cosmologists, however...but for every one of those there are a million morons, knuckle draggers, creeps, thieves, thugs, and a**holes...at least!!!! The world of humanity tends to be a cesspool. Without art, music and creativity I would not want to exist. Humankind is just so very dismal, for the most part. I "get it" when it comes to hermits and their proclivity for solitary lives. Do I ever...........

Old 12-10-2008, 10:16 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,251,579 times
Hey, more like me! I wanna be a hermit when I grow up. The more I seee out of people, the more I like my animals. At least animals are straightforward. They don't like you or ya make 'em mad, they bite/kick/scratch you immediately. They don't wait. :-)

Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Oh, come on now. There are some humans that are tolerable. I could count at least seven of them on my left hand.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:27 PM

Default The Old Man Of The Mountain

June 13th was Lloyds birthday and every year my ex and I would drive to the Hermits mountain he would be waiting dressed in you guessed it a Tuxedo and then on to Alamogordo where we would would stop at the Same Restaurant to eat all the time and he would not let us pay for the meals. Then he would pick up his mail and back home we would take him. Lloyd use to tell me you can kill all the Animals you want at the bottom of the Mountain but dont kill any on my mountain. Lloyd died over 25 years ago when we looked in the Window of his shed he was naked lying next to his little cot and had been dead about ten days according to the medical examiner. el pintada kid

Old 12-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Surely there might have been something...like smoked jerky...ya could have done with that meat PK!!!?!

Old 12-10-2008, 04:44 PM

Default Disgusting Draccie

Im not in the Habit of making Jerky out of my dead Friends Draccie. el pintada kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico