Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:41 AM

464 posts, read 1,157,432 times

Advertisements

Well I just heard {and I don't remember which channel, cause I was flippin to find the current temps outside here }
That, Gov. Richardson is now under investigation? for Pay to Play deal with favors for a California company for Government contracts?!

Sheeesh, might not being getting a new NM Gov.? OR does that mean he'd get tossed for Commerce Sec. and retain his NM Gov. position? OR be remove and then a New Gov.?

Anyone else heard this this morning? I just have short time at the moment to {not} look online, got cooking/baking going on.

Tia Dalma, wondering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaDalma View Post
Well I just heard {and I don't remember which channel, cause I was flippin to find the current temps outside here }
That, Gov. Richardson is now under investigation? for Pay to Play deal with favors for a California company for Government contracts?!

Sheeesh, might not being getting a new NM Gov.? OR does that mean he'd get tossed for Commerce Sec. and retain his NM Gov. position? OR be remove and then a New Gov.?

Anyone else heard this this morning? I just have short time at the moment to {not} look online, got cooking/baking going on.

Tia Dalma, wondering
yep, heard it last night on FOX news and it was in the paper here this morning. Don't know what will happen, but it makes for an interesting conversation to say the least...I won't give my view of this quite yet cause I will get blasted from some in NM.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:10 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,218,659 times
Don't be scared... you know the drill (bark worse than bite).

Old 12-18-2008, 12:11 AM

775 posts, read 2,588,061 times
Default As For Me

Ive been out of town trying to get supplies for the Winter Storm thats suppose to come in on Thursday and one for Christmas. el pintada kid

Old 12-18-2008, 11:14 AM

717 posts, read 1,954,933 times
If ya heard it on Fox noise it has to be B.S. as this tabloid travesty of a news channel, actually the propaganda wing of the now obviously completely dishonest GOP, has absolutely zero credibility, except among the witless yokels, neo-con scammers, bible thumping, money worshipping zips and multitudes of easily impressed, low information carney-lovers. Please change the channel and read some legitimate printed investigative media before ya'll go scampering around again screeching "the sky is fallin'!"

Old 12-18-2008, 11:31 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,378 times
I love Fox News, and I have no problem with the credibility of their news. Most people who have a problem with it prefer to get their news from the mainstream media, which can be called names as well for their credibility and bias.

I have heard the story about Gov. Richardson on local (ABQ) radio. Do the radio stations elicit your scorn as well?

Where exactly can one find "legitimate printed investigative media"?

Old 12-18-2008, 11:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
If ya heard it on Fox noise it has to be B.S. as this tabloid travesty of a news channel, actually the propaganda wing of the now obviously completely dishonest GOP, has absolutely zero credibility, except among the witless yokels, neo-con scammers, bible thumping, money worshipping zips and multitudes of easily impressed, low information carney-lovers. Please change the channel and read some legitimate printed investigative media before ya'll go scampering around again screeching "the sky is fallin'!"
It's not only Fox news that's reporting on a problem:

Grand Jury Investigation into Richardson Donor Heats Up | 44 | washingtonpost.com

Politics | Grand jury probes contract given to Richardson donor | Seattle Times Newspaper

Old 12-18-2008, 01:58 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
dracul: Don't hold back...say what what you really mean! By the way, I agree with you concerning Faux News. I saw something about Gov. Richardson's troubles on CBS; apparently, there is really something to it.

The Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC is my favorite news program.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:18 PM

717 posts, read 1,954,933 times
Luv Rachel!!! Despise all despicable things Fox. If the guv has problems and LEGITIMATE news agencies are vetting this issue then let the fat fall to the fire. Faux Noise has so twisted most political issues that few besides the pie-eyed, ever faithful, true believers give this Mur-duck tainted cabal much cred. Sorry Towanda, you may be sweetheart and all, but Hannity, bill-o the clown, Anne Cult-ure, et al, ad nauseum, are rotting your brain. Good luck on your investigations, nevertheless, and try Politico for starters, take a mild sleep aid and meditate

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be. Abraham Maslow

Last edited by dracul; 12-18-2008 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: when in the barn ya gotta shovel a lot of ----!

Old 12-18-2008, 02:50 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Despise all despicable things Fox. Faux Noise has so twisted most political issues that few besides the pie-eyed, ever faithful, true believers give this Mur-duck tainted cabal much cred. Sorry Towanda, you may be sweetheart and all, but Hannity, bill-o the clown, Anne Cult-ure, et al, ad nauseum, are rotting your brain. Good luck on your investigations, nevertheless, and try Politico for starters, take a mild sleep aid and meditate
Definitely not interested in arguing politics or news media outlets with you.

There are two sides to everything.

I know what I believe and I am comfortable with it.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico