Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 06:23 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,333,998 times

Advertisements

Overall, is it recommended to purchase in these ranchettes?
Will they be worth something down the road? Will Deming be another Las Cruces?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 10:29 AM

3 posts, read 12,286 times
We own 6 lots in El Dorado Estates ( a group of ranchettes SW of Deming). WE have just found out there is electric within the vicinity. Does anyone know anything else about the area? WE are hoping to retire there in about 8 years........

Old 12-29-2007, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 7,025 times
Deming blows. High crime, chump gangs, one lousy golf course, nothing else to do. Great weather, though.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:19 AM

2 posts, read 8,133 times
I find Deming to be a very dirty run down looking town, i'm hoping to get out of here soon, anybody have any help on better places to live in NM ?

Old 01-14-2008, 12:02 PM

33 posts, read 118,691 times
Geez , I dunno where you guys are from ?? Deming darn sure isn't Palm Springs or anything like it , but, it isn't run down , dirty or crime ridden either. It is a fast growing little, pop approx 20,000 ,desert town that seems to be very popular with middle class , as opposed to elite , retirees. Of course the nationwide R.E. market downturn has slowed progress a bit lately but folks do continue to relocate here.It can be an extremely economical place to retire to. considering it's convient location , great weather (yeah , the winds does blow , especially in early spring but compared with what's been goin on weatherwise with the rest of the country, Deming's climate seems pretty moderate to me) and freindly folks. R.E. per sq ft prices are among the lowest in the S.W. desert region. Although the long term residents are overwhemingly hispanic , the more recent arrivals tend to be anglos , there are asians and african americans as well. Traffic , crime and pollution tend to be minimal to non existent. There may be gangs as another poster stated but if so they must keep a low profile or else I don't know a gangster when I see one. The kids here seem to be about the same as kids anywhere. I've lived from Maine to Florida to Alaska and also Mexico. For me , if one does not need brights, big city ,Deming is an ideal place to live. We love it here.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:58 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,023,992 times
Manos de Piedra posts for the first time:
-----------------------------------------------
> I find Deming to be a very dirty run down looking town, ...
> ... anybody have any help on better places to live in NM ?

I strongly recommend Hermanas. It is just to the SW of Deming.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post

I strongly recommend Hermanas. It is just to the SW of Deming.
Yeah , or maybe Columbus , lol.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:36 AM

3 posts, read 12,286 times
Default El Dorado Estates Info

We own 6 ranchettes in El Dorado estates ( another set of ranchettes in Deming). Am looking for someone to tell us what kind of building is hapenning there now......

Old 01-15-2008, 05:51 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,497,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Yeap we love our Posters with their 1 or 2 posts who come here and rant and rage how they hate us and our state. City Data must really be some good Psychotherapy for these posters as we never see them on here again so i commend City Data for doing what SHRINKS haven't.....

Old 01-15-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall42 View Post
We own 6 ranchettes in El Dorado estates ( another set of ranchettes in Deming). Am looking for someone to tell us what kind of building is hapenning there now......
In general everything has slowed down in the R.E. market just as it has nationwide.Folks need to sell their houses in other states in order to move here.(obviously) I'm not sure about El Dorado Estates but we had a nice brick , 3 bd 2 ba home w/ double garage on 9 half acre lots in Deming Ranchetts. We paid $105K in June of 06. I liked it there a lot but the wife felt kinda isolated as it was about 12 miles outta town. We sold it in August of 07 for $140K and moved into town. We have owned 6 houses in the area in the past couple years. I know most of the R.E.agents in town and allotta the investors . I think the general concenus is , given that the prices of all the Ranchetts is rock bottom and the taxes that one pays are almost nil ,Why not aqquire and hold on to them.Everybody in the R.E. know around here knows that the big operators are buying up huge tracts of desert all the way from El Paso to Yuma. In contradiction to what others have posted , there is plenty of water around Deming and it is close to the surface. That' not the case all over and it makes Deming much more of an attractive investment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico